New challenge! (5/26 - 6/9)

pamcook

New challenge! (5/26 - 6/9)

Post by pamcook »

You get a few more days for this one because I'll be out of town for a few days and I haven't even thought about unpacking my supplies!

Your layout should have -

at least 2 photos
4 different papers (cardstock and/or patterned papers)
stamped image(s)
paper embellishment (If you are tempted to write "Does xx count?" - the answer is "yes".) - die cuts, fussy cuts, cut aparts, tags...
non-paper embellishments - enamel dots (I might give bonus points for using enamel dots - I love them that much!), chipboard, metallic pieces, brads, resin pieces...
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Re: New challenge! (5/26 - 6/9)

Post by jmp1022 »

I hope to do this one
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yay! I have a bunch of enamel dots. Thanks Pam.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

:lol:
I love enamel dots too... Much as I loved brads a few years ago!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote::lol:
I love enamel dots too... Much as I loved brads a few years ago!

Thank goodness I don't have quite as many enamel dots as I do brads. Thanks to my former CS Hearty Appetite membership, I will NEVER run out of brads. :lol: :lol: :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Wow. I may have half a chance of doing this one. I picked up photos today and one set instantly reminded me of an ALSB layout i had just come across last night. I also love enamel dots but my brads and EYELETS far outweigh them in my stash.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I hope to get back in the mix soon. This sounds like one I could easily do. I have a ton of enamel dots and love using them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

There are several stories behind this layout. One is that I'm always amazed, and I don't know why, how well ALSB works for me. I can nearly never make a layout without my photos.

Once I receive my photos, and find the colors in them as printed, I'm able to go to work. In this case, the photos arrived. The night before, I had come across an ALSB I had made in January from CS Comfort Zone. Once I saw the colors in these photos, I knew exactly which papers I needed to use.

Another story is that I always want to make my layouts with theme papers. Ordinarily, I would've found some bicycle papers for these photos. So, in this case, I totally went against my grain and I'm happy with the result. Granted, I did use bicycle rubber stamps from TSOL, but the paper isn't about biking at all. YAY! For me!

Thirdly, I am The SLOWEST scrapper in our group. I am just tickled that I was able to put this together so quickly. Normally, I would be skating in on June 9.

So...I did use more than two photos, I used four different papers, all from club scrap, I used stamped images, I diecut those images making a paper embellishment, and I used metal as an embellishment. Oh, and did you notice I also used a pocket card? Since I haven't used enamel dots, could I have extra credit for that?

I also believe I deserve extra credit for using those metal letters from Wheel and sprocket. I have been hoarding those things for years, I believe nine years, for just the right perfect layout. I realize, that day is never going to come so I just put them on this layout. I don't have much recollection about this day so it really isn't a "special" layout. Other than the fact that it does depict the very early years of my marriage.

It also contains a bit of documentation about our early years. Most obvious, is the first pick up I owned. My little Ford Courier. With the left front fender a slightly different color than the rest of the truck. It was purchased used and had been in an accident.

Sorry to bore you all with these silly little facts from my life. I am just so happy that I made this layout today. Thanks for looking.

P.S. One more meaningless detail, as I was finishing this, I found another slide from that day. Once I scan and print it, I will place it on the blank mat.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Jen, I enjoyed reading the stories behind your layout , you did a great job with your ALSB pages. I think I've got those metal letters too, they also say SMILE :)
Kathryn.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Jen what a wonderful job you did with those. Great to use products we have been hoarding isn't it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Good job Jen - both on the layout and stretching beyond your usual creative routine. You consider yourself the slowest scrapper, but I bet you've completely more pages than I have this month, LOL.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Jen I enjoyed reading your thought process over this LO. It turned out terrific. Your cleverness (Scrabble-enabled?) of making "smiles" into "miles" is brilliant. Excellent and WTG making it so fast! Don't you love it when an idea comes together like that? Now I want to haul out my blank ALSB pages and see what I can do with them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

This is the last page of our trip with Marianne last year. I have been saving this paper from CS Friendship, and used several other CS oldies, Pets, Be Still and the daffodils from a Retreat kit, which I "fussy cut" as my paper embellishment. There are stamped flowers and brads in the bottom two corners.
Kathryn.
Attachments
Marianne.jpg
Marianne.jpg (103.75 KiB) Viewed 985 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Very nice Kathryn, and looking good Marianne!!!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

YES! Great layout and photos. Marianne, love that home of yours.

Farley, I'm sure I didn't think of that. I think CS presented it both ways. I don't have an original thought.