where is a good place to get masks?

Save some $ Find out what works
luv2scrapbook

where is a good place to get masks?

Post by luv2scrapbook »

i tried it out in a class last year on alchol inks with my mother. at the time i wasnt very interested, but since then ive seen so many great projects. i cant find them in the stores. so which websites do i go too? :anyone:
Dani Larcom

Re: where is a good place to get masks?

Post by Dani Larcom »

You can make your own with a die cut machine.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

for those of us poor schelps who don't have die cut machines

www.youratcstore.com
http://www.blockheadstamps.com/

2 examples
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Dani Larcom wrote:You can make your own with a die cut machine.
What die cut machine do you use Dani...I have a cricut..any suggestions?
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

somewhere on here I posted an experiment...I used transparency film and made a mask of a swirl image. you'll also have a stencil from the othr part of the cutout...

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Like Christy suggested. Blockheads is a great place to do business. I just checked them out today to see if they have the TH masks and they do. Plus I think they have the Heidi ones also.
FARLEY in Sacramento
luv2scrapbook

Post by luv2scrapbook »

great ideas, thank you. Dani, i am curious as to what die cut machine your talking about. i mean, how do they stick so the ink doesnt get underneath?
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

LOL - I don't actually have a die cut machine. It was just a wild suggestion. I would imagine that if you had repositionable adhesive on the back, it would work just fine.
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

We need a quickie tutorial on the do it with a die cut machine masks!!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

paddlegal wrote:Like Christy suggested. Blockheads is a great place to do business. I just checked them out today to see if they have the TH masks and they do. Plus I think they have the Heidi ones also.
Definitely! Blockheads!! I order from them all the time, their shipping time is amazing!! I ordered some of Tim Holtz' stamps, they were here in 2 days, the tracking number said they were coming from New Mexico!!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

scrappin nurse wrote:We need a quickie tutorial on the do it with a die cut machine masks!!
I can't imagine it would take much - just cut out your favorite shape, stick some repositionable adhesive on the back, tack it down and spray away, then remove.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I used transparency film...picked a design on cricut, adjusted dials to 3 on both..and cut away. Used the positive cut as a mask by putting tiny pieces of doublestick tape on the back and sponged away! the great thing is...the left over cut piece is now a stencil..(the negative image). If you had spray adhesive, that would prob work, but I don't....
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Thanks Dani and Ruth Ann! I'll have to give that a try tomorrow.
luv2scrapbook

Post by luv2scrapbook »

great ideas thank you much. i couldnt figure out how to use it with out it moving or getting ink underneath, but adding our own adhesive? why didnt i think of that. it helps to have friends like all of you. THANKS
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

luv2scrapbook wrote:great ideas thank you much. i couldnt figure out how to use it with out it moving or getting ink underneath, but adding our own adhesive? why didnt i think of that. it helps to have friends like all of you. THANKS

Now we want to see what you do with it :angel: