New Beginnings Inchie Swap - updated 2/09

KnitterPam

New Beginnings Inchie Swap - updated 2/09

Post by KnitterPam »

Here's who I have in, as far as I can tell, between this forum and the CS forum. I'll mark who I have received sets from as I receive them.

Hasmom99 - RECEIVED
jfugina - RECEIVED
holly (moon) - RECEIVED
Becky (julie's friend) - RECEIVED
Neenahx3 - RECEIVED
Trine from Norway - haven't heard
cczar - RECEIVED
KnitterPam -me DONE!
JdrHope - RECEIVED
Pat - RECEIVED
pgrant1564 - RECEIVED
lanier - i know where she lives! :) GOT EM

Welcome to my first swap - I know it's the holidays so I'm giving y'all plenty of time to join and create! I posted this in the other forum, but wanted to make sure those of you over here saw it too.

Mail by: 1/31/09

What are Inchies? A 1"x1" square of cardstock embellished as desired; typically used to convey a concept, idea, feeling or sentiment. Begin with a 1" x 1" square of cardstock. The only rule is that the surface needs to be 1"x1". - You can stamp, collage, doodle or draw it; add words, texture, frames, epoxy tiles, decorative papers, old book pages, definitions, Diamond glaze/Crystal Effects/sepia glue/Perfect Pearls, glitter, liquid applique, tiny embellies like pearls, tiny brads, buttons, pin heads, fibers - the list is endless - if you think of something cool - try it. Put your initials someplace on the BACK of the inchie.

We will be trading 144 inchies (just one piece of 12x12 paper). I will trade out in groups of 12 (or 12 new inchies for 12 of yours). Remember that you DON'T HAVE TO DECORATE EACH INCHIE SEPARATELY. You can collage a 12x12 or a POP and cut into inchies, then add little embellies, if you wish.

What to do with them? Make framed wall art, adhere to 1.25x1.25 piece of chipboard and make jewelry (cover with UTEE) or magnets, use to embellish layouts or cards....Tell us what you do with your "inchies"! There are lots of examples in the Galleria's Club Scrap Challenge/Altered Art Wing, so go check out some of the great artwork!

When mailing, use a padded envelope for thicker inchies. Enclose a self addressed, stamped (NOT the Post Office printed tape stamp) envelope for return. PLEASE, PACKAGE YOUR INCHIES IN SMALL INDIVIDUAL PACKAGES OF 12: You can use small baggies or wrap in saran wrap, but wrap each trade of 12 in individual package. This means each package should contain a mixed set of 12 different designs, not all 12 of the same design.

Mail to:
Pam Butler, 228 Springhouse Cir, Franklin, TN, 37067
jfugina

Re: New Beginnings Inchie Swap

Post by jfugina »

Must. Do. This. Swap. What the heck kind of crazy am I???? That last inchie swap about drove me over the edge (I overcommitteave d right around 10/1, and have now fewer than 7 unopened return envies to show for it), but I adore inchies. And now I have so many more materials to work with! GAH!

Hey Becky- if you're reading this, you have to join this one too. We'll add this to our play date list. Cool? You've seen the inchies I've gotten back from this crew.. you know they're da bomb. You know you have to do this....

Oh yeah.. THANKS PAM!!! (we need a kissy smiley.. don't we?)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

I'm in again. I love the results!
KnitterPam

Post by KnitterPam »

yea! i have this posted in the other forum too, and i have a couple takers there. i gave plenty of time to both sign up (12/31/08) and mail them (1/31/09), so people might find themselves making inchies over the holidays.

i've been making a few here and there with scraps. had a couple of 1" pieces and 2" pieces after doing the Cyprus ALSB. kept those out....ideas already brewing....

oh (innocently), did i mention i bought a few sets of those AWESOME inkadinkadoo inchie stamp sets? OMG, LOVELOVELOVE them! I have a lot of experimentation to do..oh wait i'm supposed to be training as an FFC'er....hmmm...note to self, must find way to make day 8 hours longer.... :wtf:
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Pam,
I bought a few of those Inkadoo inchie stamps - love them! I used one or two for a few of my Twinchies.

Julie and all - the way I made my inchies for this swap was that starting with Cruisin, I kept the leftover pieces from the Monthly Kit ATC swap, then made bunches of inchies. I think I made 4 or 5 sets just with the Cruisin scraps (I also used some Cruisin paper for the Where We Live LFB swap, so some scraps were probably from that). I just kept putting them in baggies as I finished a set. Now I have 12 sets finished and one or two more that have a background stamped on them but no embellies. I made make a second set for this swap so I can use my new inchie stamps. :roll:
My point is that if you take a few scraps here and there from some other project or swap, you will have a few sets of inchies in no time.
:creating:

And, of course, we need more people for this swap! It is fun and not too hard once you get going, especially if you think of it as part of another swap you are doing. Check out some samples on ClubScrapChat from the prior inchie swaps. Okay, off my inchie :angry37: for now. ;)
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

So Pam, let me ask you this - if you've got this posted this in the other forum (the official CS forum?), is there a CS requirement? Are you going to mix and match sets from both groups? I'm sure my base will still be CS cardstock, but if I'm going to rope Becky into this (bwaahaaahaaa), I'll need to send her home with a big ol handful of POPs if there's a CS requirement.

I don't recall if there was a CS requirement in the past, so I just need a refresher.

Thanks!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Julie,
I'll let Pam give you an official answer, but I don't recall that requirement on the other inchie swaps. My last post was just intended to encourage others that when you are working on other swaps or projects, it is easy to use those scraps. Mine just happened to be CS paper. I think on the other two inchie swaps I did that some used CS products but not all of them did. HTH.
Becky

Post by Becky »

Ow, ow, ouch! My arm has been twisted (ha, I'm actually pretty easy!)
I'm in! I saw Julie's inchie display board/collage and now I must have many inchies too! :roll:
Thanks for hosting this!
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Becky,
Use your untwisted arm to grab a few more people for this swap. :)
Trine from Norway

Post by Trine from Norway »

Hi Pam!

This sounds so fun...please sign me in.

Is it possible to add some fotos from the last swap?

Trine
KnitterPam

Post by KnitterPam »

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to y'all. I have been closing down my knitting shop after 14 years and it is emotional and busy and ...well...did i mention emotional? i'm gonna make a bunch of inchies with sad faces on them. :cry: anyone mind? just kidding...

anyway, i posted all the inchie pictures and collages and creations in the gallery on the CS site under CS Challenges. Easy to find - or I guess if you look me up and check my artwork, they are all posted under me, although I did NOT make all of them. I just transferred them, since I thought the artists might not do it themselves. Hopefully you can all see them there. I will try to post some pics here too when I find a moment. Ha! :?

Glad to have some new signups, and Julie, it was always suggested to use CS products when possible, but it's not necessary. Hard to tell when it's only an inch big, anyway, right? A handful of POPs is a good idea anytime!

Can't wait to see what you guys cook up! Pam Grant has a Thrinchies swap going on too (not sure if on this board, the other board or both) - 3x the canvas to work on!
Neenahx3

Post by Neenahx3 »

This sounds like so much fun that I just have to participate. I have heard of and seen these inchies but have never created any myself. Please sign me up. Tiny pieces of art work! I am anxious to get started!
Thanks!
Becky

Post by Becky »

Oh Pam - I can only imagine how emotional your store closing must be. I think anything that's part of one's life for 14 years would be tough - but as a knitter, I'm sure this is especially tough. I know I love my LYS and would be sad if things changed there. I'll knit some extra stitches and think of you tonight!

From woolly goodness to paper goodness - - -
this is my first time doing a 144 inchie swap with ya'll - do we get one of our own sets back? Or if there's an inchie we really like, should we make an extra for ourselves?
Thanks!
KnitterPam

Post by KnitterPam »

There's lots of good information on both the first post of this topic and the Swap page (I think it's on page 2) of the new CS chat site about inchies. But generally if you send the hostess 11 sets, she assumes you kept one for yourself and doesn't send you one of your own back. If there are 12 sets, she assumes you sent all and will send you one of your own back. Hope that helps!
Neenahx3

Post by Neenahx3 »

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up.
This being my first swap on this wonderful group I've found, I thought I'd better let you guys know that absolutely no piece of paper is safe from me. Therefore, when you get my inchies for this swap, do not be surprised to find that they have been created with paint chips, magazine covers, even the inside of security envelopes.
Mainly I would just like to know if this is acceptable before I go any further. I have half of the 144 done and it occured to me that there may be something tabu about this as there has been mention of using a certain line of paper which I have no clue of what it is. I have years and years of collecting what I consider to be interesting papers of which I am excited to use. I am pleased, more or less, with what I have made thus far but I certainly don't want to disappoint or surprise anyone with something that was not within the realm of PAO's determination of "art".
Let me know your thoughts on this so I can continue my work without fear of being "out of line".
Thanks!