QOTD: On this date, in 1888...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Ruth Ann Landry

QOTD: On this date, in 1888...

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

the National Geographic Society was formed in DC....If you were given an all expenses paid vacation to any site in the world, where would you go? You get just ONE choice!!!

Me? a photographic safari in Africa
Monica

Re: QOTD: On this date, in 1888...

Post by Monica »

I have so many places swimming through my head right now, but I'd still have to say Egypt. I've been fascinated by the culture and archeaology since I was 11, and it's always been my dream to go there!

Now if I wasn't able to due to wars and such, Greece would be my second choice.... more cool archaology and history!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Holly

Post by Holly »

Cornwall in England
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Today? I would say South Africa since DD & DGD are there for several months.
Normally, I would say the Morocco, Greece, Turkey... or maybe Pakistan to meet my SIL's family? Or maybe New Zealand?
Do I only get one stop on my trip?
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Italy - the vineyards, Rome, all of it.....
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
grumpygramsey

Post by grumpygramsey »

there are lots of places I'd like to go, but the Canadian Rockies jump to the front of the list, specifically Lake Louise... I could sit in the garden of the Chateau and just gaze at the lake and the glacier for days..........

Clar
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I would love a trip to England but that would also include Ireland and Scotland. I'm looking into a trip up to Alaska now. Thing is it won't be free :roll:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Australia!! There are many other places I would love to visit - but Australia has always been top of my list.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I want to go to Scotland, too - add that to my list.
Gwen, I went to visit DD & family in Australia - I loved every second of it. Granted, we saw only a tiny smidgen of the country but do anything you can to get there!
Pam Cook #48
flojo

Post by flojo »

I want to tour the United States. I want to see all the attractions like the shoe tree (don't remember where) I saw on TV and all the local attractions in each state. I want to take a US map and put those little pins in every place I visit. I don't want to be on a budget either. :lol:
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Laurie wrote:Italy - the vineyards, Rome, all of it.....
Laurie, I'm with you. Would LOVE to go to Italy! I have so many relatives there, never met them, never speak to them, just know that my dad's family is over there, would love to go and see and eat everything :)

Monica, my co-worker went to Egypt last year on vacation (I know, must be nice, right?), she was in Heaven, had a blast, saw and learned so much and her pictures were GORGEOUS!!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

1. Aztec Ruins in Mexico
2. Lasceaux (sp) caves in France
nancine

Post by nancine »

flojo wrote:I want to tour the United States. I want to see all the attractions like the shoe tree (don't remember where) I saw on TV and all the local attractions in each state. I want to take a US map and put those little pins in every place I visit. I don't want to be on a budget either. :lol:
I'm with you Lynn! There's lots I want to see and do here!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Egypt. I know there are so many aspects of visiting Egypt that aren't safe, but I need to see the Great Pyramids, the Sphinx, and the Valley of the Kings.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
donnak

Post by donnak »

flojo wrote:I want to tour the United States. I want to see all the attractions like the shoe tree (don't remember where) I saw on TV and all the local attractions in each state. I want to take a US map and put those little pins in every place I visit. I don't want to be on a budget either. :lol:
Lynn, I have a friend in Michigan, who every year, takes her family on a trip around the US. They pick a region, research it, decide what attractions to see, then go and do it all! They've been doing this for several years, hoping eventually to reach all 48 lower states and then save up to go to Alaska one year and Hawaii another year. Their children are all involved in the planning and it makes a great family trip for them.
I remember the year, they visited many of the states in the SW. I lived in AZ then and they came and stayed with us for 3 days over the 4th of July. They were so excited that our city held a children's parade at the city park (not far from our house) and their children decorated their bikes and clothing and actually won a trophy for a decorated group!!! They watched the fireworks from the back of our pick-up truck, eating watermelon and having a great time! Wonderful memories for all.