Check out this craft "room"

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
nchoney

Check out this craft "room"

Post by nchoney »

If my space was that big, it'd be that organized, too! Geeeezz!!

https://youtu.be/j4wca3MAL4Y/
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Re: Check out this craft "room"

Post by pamcook »

Wouldn’t I love to have the money for something like that. Looks like she’s a blogger.
That’s a lot of real estate for a hobby though. Of course, when I win the lottery, I’ll refer back to it (and Jen McGuire’s) for some inspiration. Even with that much room, if I worked in there, it would still be a hot mess!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Crazy!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Crazy!

Yes!

I had to stop watching. Her room is wonderful but I didn’t need to see what is in every single drawer and shelf. What a patient hubby to film that!

So now I will have to go back and see who she actually is. What kind of work does she produce, etc. Thanks Debi for the link. As Pam said, even if I did have a space like that it would look like just the way mine does now...a hot mess, LOL.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

no matter how big or small my space... things expand to overflow. :lol: As nice as some of those craft room tours are, I kinds like the hodgepodge chaos of mine most of the time. I do try to really clean it up a couple times a year, but I need some of that creative clutter.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I'm good with my crazy messy small room. That's just overkill.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I watched the very beginning where she walks in the room, with no sound. Impressive room, for sure.

This just shows she has spent $$$$$$ on supplies over time, and had the $$$$$$ to spend on organization.

While I have a fair size room, not flashy in any way, it works for papercrafting and sewing. One of the best things that could happen in my room would be to get rid of carpet and continue the hardwood flooring. I could use a good purging of stuff, and to get rid of a large bookcase.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

My room is a typical smallish bedroom in our house that I appreciate I can dedicate to my crafting...I think it was meant to be a guest room, LOL. My craft supplies have been the best guests one could ever have. Messy yes...but I too like that creative mess surrounding me.

Can you imagine the hours it took to just label and index and Evernote all that stuff? A larger room is like a large purse...the more room the more crap you’re going to stuff into it. I did however like her flooring and lighting. What I really need is a kitchen like that. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Farley...you'd need a roadmap in your "new" kitchen to find anything. :lol:
But a kitchen that is up to date with tons of storage is a good thing.

That room, in my opinion is extreme. I would feel very uninspired.
As we all know, if you can't see something, you probably won't use it.

I guess I am in a mood. Too much excessive buying, me included...yikes. What were we thinking?

Thankfully it stopped raining, and the sun came out. That'll lift my mood.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:Farley...you'd need a roadmap in your "new" kitchen to find anything. :lol:
But a kitchen that is up to date with tons of storage is a good thing.

That room, in my opinion is extreme. I would feel very uninspired.
As we all know, if you can't see something, you probably won't use it.

I guess I am in a mood. Too much excessive buying, me included...yikes. What were we thinking?

Thankfully it stopped raining, and the sun came out. That'll lift my mood.

Pat you are right about needing a roadmap in a new kitchen. I totally agree about “if you can’t see it you won’t use it”. Things that I use have to be within arms reach or at the extreme I have to stand up and reach. Good thing I have long arms. When Bob made me my open cases above my desk years ago it changed everything. I definitely need to purge but I am quite happy with my set up.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'd never find anything in that room and would never get anything done. It's bad enough with my small room. I tend to find that if things are out of sight, they're out of mind.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

And what about the envelopes? That’s crazy to have that many different colored envelopes. And why make personalized cards for yourself? Things that make me go hmmmm!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

You all lasted longer in that video than I did. Once she finally got into the room and I saw the large expanse of white drawers and slots for all the cardstock, I tuned out. I like things out of sight because of all the fading I would get from our bright light but I don't want anything so sterile or so much of everything.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I don't mind the labeling so much, as the supplies I tuck into drawers tend to be labeled, but that was an excessive amount (IMO) of paper storage not truly being utilized, and don't even get me started on the felt colors and all. I like organization to a point, but having swatches for all that plus all her colored envelopes and so on... nope. I actually prefer plain envelopes anyway, as you can decorate or not according to your desire and no one has an issue reading the address.

But at the end of the day there really was way too much white for me in that room. I'd be painting cabinet doors, adding art to everything I could tack it on, and not using only white as the base color anyway. My craft room is polar white, and white I do have some of the white cube storage, I also have espresso wood shelving and dark wood frames on the walls along with art pieces. And I like that all my papers, sprays & mists, colored pencils, and other supplies are out where I can see them and to provide more color.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Marianne...I lasted as long as you did with the video.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA