One down

Debbie J

One down

Post by Debbie J »

I had my left cataract removed today and get the patch off tomorrow. I thought it was was bad one but with a patch on it my r eye is terrible, I can’t sew Wharton um trping so I hope autocorrect is working
pamcook

Re: One down

Post by pamcook »

Hope you have a quick recovery!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The dr. took the left lens out of my glasses so I could still see. Walked around at work for a few months with one lens until the other eye was ready for surgery. :lol: Needless to say I was not remotely interested in having my vision corrected for one near-sighted and one far-sighted. Funny thing is that nobody even noticed that I only had one lens. rofl

The fun part is when the vision in the one eye has normalized, the color difference is very obvious. I covered my left eye and the paper looked white. Then I covered my right eye and found out that I had been seeing the world in shades of brown. It was absolutely amazing, and you'll find that you need sunglasses more than ever now because the light is so bright.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:The dr. took the left lens out of my glasses so I could still see. Walked around at work for a few months with one lens until the other eye was ready for surgery. :lol: Needless to say I was not remotely interested in having my vision corrected for one near-sighted and one far-sighted. Funny thing is that nobody even noticed that I only had one lens. rofl

Steve had a cataract removed 2 years ago and he has been doing this EXACT SAME THING!!!!! I am over here going for the love of God please get the other one fixed and he is thinking no big deal, no one notices.
I DO!!!!!!!!!!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Hope your vision clears up soon. The good thing is over the next month it should get sharper and sharper.
Good luck!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Hope you’re doing well and the vision is improving.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

ChristyB wrote:
pbp908 wrote:The dr. took the left lens out of my glasses so I could still see. Walked around at work for a few months with one lens until the other eye was ready for surgery. :lol: Needless to say I was not remotely interested in having my vision corrected for one near-sighted and one far-sighted. Funny thing is that nobody even noticed that I only had one lens. rofl

Steve had a cataract removed 2 years ago and he has been doing this EXACT SAME THING!!!!! I am over here going for the love of God please get the other one fixed and he is thinking no big deal, no one notices.
I DO!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Hope it heals well for you! I am not looking forward to my next eye dr appointment. Putting it off for a little while.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I had the patch removed and all I can keep saying is WOW, WOW. WOW! I can see, I have 20/20 vision in that eye and 20/70 in my other eye that I’m having surgery on Aug 30th! Like Pam said, the colors are so vivid! The center of my dark red hibiscus has a light pink outline I never saw. My water faucets are covered in water spots I never saw, I have some cleaning to do when this gets all healed up! I feel comfortable driving again, I can actually read the street signs, before I just memorized where I was going....and got lost a lot! It’s wonderful. The Dr. said it can change during the next month and the vision could even get better, but could get worse too. Right now it’s 100 x better than it was! The grass is so much greener, literally, I mean! My candy Crush game colors are brilliant! When I cover my good eye my vision is blurred and looks like I’m in a smoky room. The surgery was a breeze and I felt it only took 1/2 hour but from start to finish it was 2 1/2 hours. I felt a little woozy from the anesthesia but not bad. I can’t even imagine what it will be like when the right eye is done. I already feel like I have a bionic eye it will be even better!

Thank you everyone for the good wishes!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

P.S., I cried when the patch was removed I could read all the numbers and readings on the machine that they look in your eye with, the Dr. was almost crying with me. He does 30 of these surgeries a day and is booked up for months. With all the ‘old’ people in Az he’s got a good recession proof job!
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

How wonderful!
I'm happy it has such great results for you.
Now, you will be comfortable getting the
other eye done :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Yes! And I already feel so much better driving!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm so glad that you had such wonderful results, Debbie. No one had ever mentioned to me the difference in color perception until a man in the waiting room mentioned it while I was waiting for my surgery. I couldn't wait to see the difference.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks Marianne! It’s been 5 days and I’m still in amazement!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

When I got mine done they put a clear lens in my glasses for me.

I've had both done now
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois