Project Life App for Android is up!

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

Project Life App for Android is up!

Post by paddlegal »

Just loaded today's new release of PL for Android. Here's my first (very simple) LO of today's birding. The free kits that come with it are very limited. I'll see how badly I want to pay for a few more kits if I really get into this.
Attachments
PhotoPictureResizer_160229_174811693-640x640.jpg
PhotoPictureResizer_160229_174811693-640x640.jpg (136.07 KiB) Viewed 632 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Re: Project Life App for Android is up!

Post by ScrappinJen »

Welcome to Project Life.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Welcome to Project Life.

Thanks. Say, when we got the app for iPhone was it free? Just can't remember but this one was $2.99 + tax.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

When I bought it, I believe it was a special for $1.99 or something like that. But I think it is regularly the same price as you paid.
Don't you still have it on your iPad? Did you buy any kits then? I would think you should still have access to them. If you open akit to look at it, it should give you the option to Restore Previous Purchase???
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:When I bought it, I believe it was a special for $1.99 or something like that. But I think it is regularly the same price as you paid.
Don't you still have it on your iPad? Did you buy any kits then? I would think you should still have access to them. If you open akit to look at it, it should give you the option to Restore Previous Purchase???

Funny you should say that. I've been trying for the last 30 minutes to get into the App Store with no luck. I'm not so sure that it would be available anyway being that I'm now android and the one kit I bought was for iPhone. Since it was so much work to create this app for non iPhones I'm thinking I'm out of luck but not a big deal. I'll see if I can get an answer from PL about that.

When I add apps now I have to go through "Play Store" not the Apple "App Store".
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I suppose you are correct. It's probably a big deal to convert a kit to android so they won't give it away free???

But can't you still use the PL app on your iPad with a much bigger screen for photo editing? I like to use the iPad when I'm doing a lot of PL stuff. On the fly, I do use the phone, though.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:I suppose you are correct. It's probably a big deal to convert a kit to android so they won't give it away free???

But can't you still use the PL app on your iPad with a much bigger screen for photo editing? I like to use the iPad when I'm doing a lot of PL stuff. On the fly, I do use the phone, though.

Oh for sure, I still have it on my iPad. Not a problem. Except what I do on phone gallery won't be in my iPad gallery. I'm just having fun geeking out with it on my phone.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Got a fast answer...no. As I suspected.

"Q: I’ve purchased kits in the Project Life App on my iPad/iPhone. Can I use those on my Android device now?

A: Since the Apple App Store and Google Play Store are 2 different marketplaces, purchases made in one store cannot be transferred to the other."
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

It can be tedious, however, you can save the images you purchased on the iPad and then insert them on the android as a JPEG photo. I do it all the time with downloaded digi pocket cards. Such as the ones I get in my monthly story kid from Ali Edwards. You do it in the Photo Collage option.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nice page Farley - and the photos are wonderful!
Do you plan to print them? Will you embellish them after printing them?
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Nice page Farley - and the photos are wonderful!
Do you plan to print them? Will you embellish them after printing them?

If I can figure out how to use the 8x8 printing option successfully I will print. Have only tried that from my iPad and I can't get my printer to print on 8.5x11 paper even thought that is what I select. It prints only on the photo card and of course the photos run off the edges of the 6x4. Grrr. I'll keep fooling with it and see if there's anyone else with that problem. It's always something. Nothing seems to work right out of the box when it comes to printers and computers. It's like you need to know the secret handshake.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Nice page Farley, even if it is simple. But then I'm a sucker for birding/nature photos. I'm wondering if it might be easier to transfer the images from your phone to iPad via the cloud, if you want them all in one gallery. Or go with an impartial gallery like Flickr and put everything there from both platforms. Please do share when you figure out the printing; at some point, now that this app is available for Android, I'll give it a whirl. Both my phone and tablet are 'droids (Samsung).
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I know you can save your in progress layouts on one Apple device and open it up on another after transfering via Dropbox or some other cloud. Not sure you could do it across platforms.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks Keitha. I'm using Google Drive now for storage so I am able to move photos around to all devices. But it's so easy to play on this big screen android when these particular photos were taken on it also.
FARLEY in Sacramento