Getting pictures off phone

Trixie

Getting pictures off phone

Post by Trixie »

OK, I am ready to scrapbook. I hate to admit this, but I haven't a clue as to how to get my pictures from my phone to a print version. What is the best way to do this? I can email them to an address. Is the first step emailing them all to myself and downloading them in my computer? I don't have photoshop, but I do have some sort of picture deal that came with the computer. Years ago I tried to send some from my computer to Walmart, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I am sure all that has changed now. I do have a color printer, but I am not sure the quality would be so great if I print them at home. I am just amazed at the pictures you all took at the beach, but I haven't a clue how to grab any of them and get them printed out. Does anyone have any tips on any of this? I will be glad to share the pictures I took if I can just figure out how to do it.

(When I take pictures with my camera I just take out the little deal and stick it in the machine at Walmart. I know how to do that, but my phone doesn't have a card that comes out and I would love to know how to just order them online.)

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
nchoney

Re: Getting pictures off phone

Post by nchoney »

if you connect the phone to the computer with its USB cable, the computer should prompt you to Open the Folder or Drive... something to that effect. At that point - it's just like an SD card... click the folders that appear and you should see a DCIM folder or more than one... with the photos in it. Then you can copy and paste them from that folder to the computer or to an SD card, even... and then you can get them printed via the SD card.

Hope that helps!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I asked the lady at Walgreens about getting them from my IPAD and she told me they have a cable (and she thinks I can use my own) that connects to their photo machine so you can see and choose what you want to print. You can also use their photo APP to send them your photos electronically. Then you can either have them mail or pick up locally. Our Walgreens is so close I'd pick them up. Gonna do some myself when I get a chance. I think Pam Cook uses their APP.

I would think that any store that has the machines would probably be the same.

Also you can upload to Snapfish ( or use their APP), Flickr, etc and order directly from your phone. Snapfish mails to you or you can choose a local location to pick up.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Judy, I don't know about the phone stuff but for the photos I posted on Shutterfly, you have several choices. Here is the album of the ReCreate photos. https://scrapquil.shutterfly.com/1727
The easiest thing is to click on a photo you want. In the upper right corner a menu will appear. You can click on order prints and it will open the whole file and you can move whatever photos you want to a sidebar on the right. Then you can add them to the cart and select sizes, etc. They will be more expensive than you might be used to.

Or you can download the photos or send them to yourself but you probably have to sign up with shutterfly.

Or tell me the ones you want and I will just send them to you and you can get them printed along with all your others.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Photos from my phone
I hook it up to pc and put them on it.
I usually just move them over myself.

after itunes does it thing I close it. I don't have it checked in itunes to sync the photos.
Then go to windows explorer and find my phone and open it file
select all the photos and drag to my pictures on pc.

I do it myself because itunes wants to move all my photos back to phone.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Thanks for the tips. I have had to work the last two evenings, but I did get Marianne's pictures ordered. I will be home tomorrow evening early and will try with my camera. You guys are the best! Thank you for the help.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Judy
What kind of phone do you have?

Shutetrfly, snapfish, CVS, Walmart, Costco....(pretty much everyone these days)
They all have apps that you can down load to your phone and are fairly easy to follow in terms of uploading and ordering photos.
You can do it from home, on lunch break etc
nancine

Post by nancine »

Oh thank you Christy! :cool5: I am uploading some baby photos off my phone as I type to Shutterfly.
I took my big camera, but some days there was something cute I just HAD to snap a photo of on my phone.

I also used my phone to take pictures of the photographer doing the "baby portraits" - that should be a fun little layout.
Somethings have really changed since I had my kids 30 years ago - :lol: and some remain the same!

I am slow to get apps on my newish iPhone, LOL.
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Christy, it is a Motorola Atrix. Several years old. I will check out the apps. I didn't think of that. Thanks.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

nancine wrote:Oh thank you Christy! :cool5: I am uploading some baby photos off my phone as I type to Shutterfly.
I took my big camera, but some days there was something cute I just HAD to snap a photo of on my phone.

I also used my phone to take pictures of the photographer doing the "baby portraits" - that should be a fun little layout.
Somethings have really changed since I had my kids 30 years ago - :lol: and some remain the same!

I am slow to get apps on my newish iPhone, LOL.

ME TOO! :happy94:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

There is an iPhone app, not sure of other phones, that you can download, and you get 85 free prints a month. All you do is pay for shipping (9.99) and you get the prints for free. Surprisingly, it is called "Free-prints!! I have used them for several months, and the photos are good quality for iPhone pictures.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have used Groovebook for a few months. $2.99 a month for 100 prints and that includes shipping. I like that the photos come in a book with the date of the photo on the edge (but not on the photo) and each is perforated.
I'm not thrilled with the paper's weight itself but considering how many photos I print a month, it's good.
You get 100 photos a month - so if you forget to order, they print the last 100 photos in your camera. If you upload only 60, they'll send duplicates of some to equal 100. It's a subscription so you pay every month until you cancel your subscription.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That sounds like a pretty cheap way of getting photos Pam. My problem is I don't take that many photos with my phone. I always carry a camera in my purse and always grab for that. It's hard to remember to use my phone unless that's all I have with me.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie J wrote:That sounds like a pretty cheap way of getting photos Pam. My problem is I don't take that many photos with my phone. I always carry a camera in my purse and always grab for that. It's hard to remember to use my phone unless that's all I have with me.
I understand. My good camera is no longer working and I find the little camera I bought on the spur of the moment to be tedious to use. Sadly, I rarely use anything other than my phone any more! The nice thing is that when the kids forward photos to me, they upload?/download? to my photo automatically so it's easy to print them as well.
Pam Cook #48