Will anybody join me to create a "book Review Scrapbook"?

coolboxuk

Will anybody join me to create a "book Review Scrapbook"?

Post by coolboxuk »

I've just started a new project which will be an ongoing thing - I just fancied something other than the usual photos and have always wanted to do something to remember the books I read, especially ones I like. So, I've started with a couple of recent ones (some more to follow) and one of my favourites that I read a few years back. They are all done digitally because it's easy to get the pictures of the covers from the Amazon site.

I was wondering if there are any other bookworms out there who might enjoy joining me in this project. I really enjoy the threads where we are all working on the same sort of projects and sharing with each other...

Here are my first three pages, made today:
Attachments
Kit Private Eye; font: Travelling Typewriter
Kit Private Eye; font: Travelling Typewriter
the_shadow_of_the_wind.jpg (112.21 KiB) Viewed 706 times
Kit Sparkle (ladybird from SG kit "Recess" by Heather Roselli); font: Copperplate Gothic Light
Kit Sparkle (ladybird from SG kit "Recess" by Heather Roselli); font: Copperplate Gothic Light
the_shack.jpg (140.01 KiB) Viewed 706 times
Kit Henna; font Bradley Hand
Kit Henna; font Bradley Hand
the_alchemist.jpg (155.86 KiB) Viewed 705 times
jfugina

Re: Will anybody join me to create a "book Review Scrapbook"?

Post by jfugina »

That is an awesome idea! Your paper choices are wonderful for those book covers. I don't read a great deal, but I think this is a great idea for someone who does- if it's a significant part of your life, it definitely deserves the documentation. And your pages are just beautiful!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Petra-- great idea! I have too many irons in the fire for me to join you on this right now (my loss), but if you keep this up, I can foresee joining you sometime before year's end. Great idea! Love it!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a great idea - keep sharing.
Pam Cook #48
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

I will definitely keep this up and add my own LOs to the thread as I make them. I have thoroughly enjoyed making those three and I read on average 1-2 books a month, so there will be plenty to go by without being overwhelming...
So please join in whenever you find the time.
And for those who don't read but have a collection of favourite film DVDs you could do the same with that...
Monica

Post by Monica »

This is something I should do, but I never seem to have enough hours in a day. Maybe once I've mastered the basics of the digital world I'll tackle some. I will definitely keep this in mind, though. Thanks for sharing, Petra!!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Monica wrote:This is something I should do, but I never seem to have enough hours in a day. Maybe once I've mastered the basics of the digital world I'll tackle some. I will definitely keep this in mind, though. Thanks for sharing, Petra!!

Monica
Monica - why don't you use it to tackle the basics of digi scrapping. It was one of the reasons why I started this myself, because I wanted something with which to play around with the digi stuff. One-photo LOs are best for it anyway. Have a go - I can only say from my own experience that it took me ages to get started into digi because I always thought I don't know enough about it, but once I got going I'm enjoying it massively.
Monica

Post by Monica »

coolboxuk wrote:
Monica wrote:This is something I should do, but I never seem to have enough hours in a day. Maybe once I've mastered the basics of the digital world I'll tackle some. I will definitely keep this in mind, though. Thanks for sharing, Petra!!

Monica
Monica - why don't you use it to tackle the basics of digi scrapping. It was one of the reasons why I started this myself, because I wanted something with which to play around with the digi stuff. One-photo LOs are best for it anyway. Have a go - I can only say from my own experience that it took me ages to get started into digi because I always thought I don't know enough about it, but once I got going I'm enjoying it massively.
Hmmm... good idea, Petra! I'm still working my way through all the ways I can fix and adjust photos, but when I get to the layering chapter I'll give it a whirl.

Monica
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

So...did anyone besides me notice that one of Petra's book layout made the digi rap this month? Congrats!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

jfugina wrote:So...did anyone besides me notice that one of Petra's book layout made the digi rap this month? Congrats!
Oh, wow, I'm chuffed - I haven't even had time to download the kit yet - will do that now! Thanks for letting me know!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Way to go, Petra!!

Monica
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Here are my next three: these are all smallish books that I have read recently...
Attachments
Book: The War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells<br />Kit: Matrix by Club Scrap<br />Fonts: LED and Minion Pro<br />I used a template from the CS kit &quot;Mirror Mirror&quot; but only loosely, changing most of the detail and adding the big journaling matte I needed.
Book: The War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells
Kit: Matrix by Club Scrap
Fonts: LED and Minion Pro
I used a template from the CS kit "Mirror Mirror" but only loosely, changing most of the detail and adding the big journaling matte I needed.
the_war_of_the_worlds.jpg (226.5 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Book: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett<br />Kit: Pure + Simple by Club Scrap, with background paper from &quot;Simply Beautiful&quot;<br />Font: Pristina<br />I used a template that came with the Pure + Simple kit, making some amendments to it as I went along. Also changed the colour of the background page and of the Pure + Simple green into different greens and the yellow to match the book. The white on the tags is from Ivory Elegance.
Book: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Kit: Pure + Simple by Club Scrap, with background paper from "Simply Beautiful"
Font: Pristina
I used a template that came with the Pure + Simple kit, making some amendments to it as I went along. Also changed the colour of the background page and of the Pure + Simple green into different greens and the yellow to match the book. The white on the tags is from Ivory Elegance.
the_secret_garden.jpg (125.84 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Book: The Long Afternoon by Giles Waterfield<br />Kit: Mirror Mirror by Club Scrap<br />Font: Rage Italic<br />I used a template from the CS &quot;Milestones&quot; kit, changing it slightly as I went along to make room for all the journaling...
Book: The Long Afternoon by Giles Waterfield
Kit: Mirror Mirror by Club Scrap
Font: Rage Italic
I used a template from the CS "Milestones" kit, changing it slightly as I went along to make room for all the journaling...
the_long_afternoon.jpg (96.04 KiB) Viewed 519 times