Question about spray inks

Save some $ Find out what works
Yoli

Question about spray inks

Post by Yoli »

I was wondering if someone can explain the difference between Memories' Mist, Walnut Inks by Tsukineko and Shimmering Mist. I know that some may be water based while others are a dye. However what I want to know is how they spray differently, if at all? Which kinds of techniques are better with which sprays? Does it matter?

I'm playing around with a few of these inks . . . especially with some of Tim Holtz's new masks . . . and I was wondering the difference between these inks. I attended CKC this weekend and passed up on a good deal of the Shimmering Mists simply because I wasn't sure of the differences between the sprays. I realize that the shimmering mist have shimmer in them, which the others do not, but I'm looking for other differences amongst these products.

Thanks!
tlscrap

Re: Question about spray inks

Post by tlscrap »

I like using glimmer mists, or shimmer mists, they are more subtle and softer. I notice when I use the walnut inks and memories mists, they are rather dark. I guess it depends on what you do with it. I would grab a scrap and try both with the masks and see which one you like.
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
donnak

Post by donnak »

Memories misters are pigment based and are darker and richer. I'm not sure about the others.
nancine

Post by nancine »

and with Memories Mist you can get a resist by using just water!
Adirondack sprays are much darker than Glimmer Mists and are matte in appearance.