ALSB / Sketches

lbeier

ALSB / Sketches

Post by lbeier »

I'm addicted to ALSB and sketches in general. Is anyone aware of any software or program out there that would store jpegs and allow you to search for things by kit name, number of pictures, etc. A friend of mine was trying to create one using Access, but was having a difficult time with the jpegs. I thought I would throw it out here since general searching via itnernet wasn't bringing up what I wanted! I'm convinced someone has already done this and I don't need to do the leg work, however if no one has ever done this and I can figure out a way to make money off of it - I would love to do the leg work!
ChrisR

Re: ALSB / Sketches

Post by ChrisR »

Yep. There is a good one and it is Free! Picasa by google. Just go to www.picasa.google.com
You can organize photos and attatch "tags" to them so that you can tag a photo/sketch with various searchable words.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'm a sketch addict too. That CS idea deck was one of the happiest purchases I've made from them.

I agree that Picasa is good for getting stuff organized. Are you just looking to just keep all of your sketch images in one place? Or are you looking for something more tailored to sketches and their instructions in particular? I'm not sure that anyone could put up a site like that - with other people's sketches. All of the ALSB ones, and the idea deck, and stuff from Becky Higgins - that's all copyrighted. So you'd just have to be careful about posting those.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

It's for your own computer rather than sharing - but I've been using and loving Windows Live Photo Gallery - it allows you to change the date a photo was taken (how many of you have pics taken like 01-01-1960 when your battery dies and you forget to re-set the date lol?), apply multiple tags, and view by date taken as well as they are filed on your computer.
lbeier

Post by lbeier »

I'm gonna have to play with Picaso - because I want to share this with 2 of my sketch addict buddies.

I really want to be able to have all my sketches in one place - instead of carrying around a huge binder, 4 magazines and my computer to search ALSB! I want to be able to sort sketches by how many 4x6 layouts they will accomodate. I print 99.9% of my photos in 4x6 and only special ones in 5x7 or larger. ALSB sketches/layouts are my very favorite because I think of the sketches that are out there they are the ones that are most accomodating to 4x6 scrappers. I'm excited to give this a try!

Thanks for the info!
lbeier

Post by lbeier »

OK, I uploaded 5 or 6 sketches into Picasa. I've entered my tags and now I want to search.

Here are some examples of tags:

2 page layout
5 4x6 (letting me know that there are spaces for 5 4x6 photos)
7 total (7 total spots for photos regardless of size)
Club Scrap
Instructions
Extra! Extra! Remix

Now, I want to search for 2 page layouts that will accomodate 5 4x6 pictures. From what I understand I can only search one of the tags at a time, it won't let me narrow down the search any further from the first search. Am I explaining this right? Am I missing something?