Flower Swap!

pamcook

Flower Swap!

Post by pamcook »

I'm inspired. Everywhere I look, I see beautiful handmade flowers made from fabric, paper, ribbon, felt...

Send me a set of 6 handmade flowers and get a set back. Only 1 set per person. They are due in my adorable rural mail box by July 31. No excuses. If they aren't here by then, please don't ask me to extend the deadline. No need to sign up - I'll only swap what I receive by 7/31. My address is in the Birthday Card Swap thread.

No restrictions on size or anything like that but please remember that most of us would use such exquisite pieces on cards, scrapbook pages, altered journal pages, and such.

Send a SASE along with your set of flowers.

You know me - I typically leave out vital information when announcing swaps. If you have any questions - shoot!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Re: Flower Swap!

Post by jfugina »

One quick item to add - Pam, the addresses have been moved to a very private forum now. They aren't in the Birthday Card Club any more. So only people who belong to the Address Exchange group can see addresses now. Anyone who isn't in that group will need to PM you for your address.

Sorry for the confusion - I suspect that most people who regularly do swaps (not just Birthday and OCAM) will eventually get in the Address Exchange, and we won't have to worry about sending PMs all the time.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

sounds cool---now to go back and read everyones flower technique posts!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks Julie - I need to add my information.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

How do I find the Address Exchange?

Pam I may sign for this I will let you know for sure soon.
jfugina wrote:One quick item to add - Pam, the addresses have been moved to a very private forum now. They aren't in the Birthday Card Club any more. So only people who belong to the Address Exchange group can see addresses now. Anyone who isn't in that group will need to PM you for your address.

Sorry for the confusion - I suspect that most people who regularly do swaps (not just Birthday and OCAM) will eventually get in the Address Exchange, and we won't have to worry about sending PMs all the time.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I forgot to add that some of us might want to embellish store-bought flowers instead of starting from scratch (yes, I know I said "handmade" but you know what I mean). Add Stickels, stamping, glossy accents, old jewelry pieces, buttons, whatever.
Make different sizes of the same flower or different shades of the same color of flower or different colors of the same flower.
The possibilites are endless!
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:bump:

Bumping as a reminder.
You'll be sad if you don't join in on this one!
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Pam, my flowers are on their way.
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yay!
I was looking at flowers in Archivers today trying to come up with some more ideas.
Pam Cook #48
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I just saw this! Sounds fun!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wish I had remembered this when you were here today.
pamcook wrote:Yay!
I was looking at flowers in Archivers today trying to come up with some more ideas.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam do you want them all the same? I'm thinking you do but could you let me know for sure. I hope to get them done this week.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's more important to do a "set". You might use the same punch but use different colors or use 2 different punches and all the same color. Or 2 red, 2 white and 2 blue flowers...
The goal is to have 6 that could all be used for the same project if the artist chose to do so.
Does that help?
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sure does! Thanks I'll work on it this week.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Mine are finished!!! Yeah! I have posted them on my blog if you want to spoil your surprise, otherwise DON'T PEEK!!!

http://orezonia.blogspot.com/2010/07/flower-power.html

Should be in the mail by mid-week. Trying to make just one run to the PO this week. :roll: