August 2009 Scrapbooking Challenge

mpizzazz

August 2009 Scrapbooking Challenge

Post by mpizzazz »

Sorry, for forgetting the Challenge. I have no excuse, I was away in Pittsburgh for the weekend at our very dear friend's 60th Birthday Party, having a good time with not a care in the world and totally forgot the Challenge. It was great!

Soooo....for August, thanks to my friend Kathryn Jones who suggested this awhile ago.....use your oldest scrapbooking item! It could be paper, an embellie, stamp, tool, whatever it is, drag it out, dust it off and use it up! I think that will be traumatic enough without adding two other items so I will just say, you will get extra brownie points if you also use something very new with it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
bethrich

Re: August 2009 Scrapbooking Challenge

Post by bethrich »

Oh my! The oldest item! You mean I have to dust off those old HOTP books??!!
:oops:
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

My oldest stuff is probably Mrs. Grossman stickers that are still llurking in corners of my sticker keepr from back when we first started with CM . AKKKKK!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I'm not even sure what my oldest item would be :roll:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh dear. I just got rid of those Creative Memory idea books. LOL. I might have something old around here though. Besides me, that is.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yep, HOTP books of papers, Mrs. Grossman's stickers, I couldn't have said it better myself. Time for them to go! I can be smug because mine are long gone but I still have some old papers from Keeping Memories Alive that are probably 14 years old!
I know you are a creative bunch and can make this old stuff new again.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

ChristyB wrote:I'm not even sure what my oldest item would be :roll:
mpizzazz wrote:but I still have some old papers from Keeping Memories Alive that are probably 14 years old!
I would have to think hard on what is the oldest thing...and I too have KMA supplies...still.
Oh brother...what keepers of stuff we are!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
djenns

Post by djenns »

The oldest papercrafting stuff I have around here is a packet of geometric shape images I picked up at Michael's prior to joining CS in Jan 06. I may just have to get it out and make something. I also have some quilling supplies.
Have a great week everyone.
Diana
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I was thinking of doing a page with about 100 of the eyelets I bought years ago. When I first started scrappin' I bought tons of them, in all colors. But, you are right, it has to be the Mrs. Grossman's stickers. That is definitely what I will use. They are the oldest and least used. I still like and use the eyelets. Tho I haven't had to buy any more in years.

Jennifer
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Boy - if this challenge doesn't get me to purge my supplies, nothing will. I thought I had decluttered everything but I know what secrets I have lurking in my storage. The last time I had this challenge, I got rid of a bunch of stuff - but not enough!
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I forgot about the Mrs Grossman's stickers! Ack! I bet there are some hiding somewhere. It is SO time to purge!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Hmmmm I have no idea what is my oldest stuff. Will have to go scrounge around.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Eyelets, tons and tons of eyelets!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

For the record, I'm sure my oldest thing is a Mrs. Grossman's sticker sheet also. Or, possibly, some Creative Memories "Short Cuts". Remember those? But how would I tell them apart from any other scrap in my scrap box? Hehe.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ok, Ok, it seems like Mrs. Grossman's stickers are the winner by a landslide! Let's see what you can do with them.
I saw a cute idea recently using stickers or punchies for the background of a shaker box. If I find it, I will post it. And don't forget, if you sand your stickers, they can be painted or inked. And some clever person in a previous challenge used stickers as a mask with paint or ink and then removed them so just the outline showed.
Hope that gives all you sticker hoarders a few ideas!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels