Deck of Art - Ace of Clubs - Ribbon & napkin or flowers5-20

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
troublesmom

Deck of Art - Ace of Clubs - Ribbon & napkin or flowers5-20

Post by troublesmom »

Ladies I am very sorry to be so late posting this but here is your challenge. Use the A of Clubs, ribbon and a piece of a napkin. I don't know if it is too late but I will change to flowers or Ribbon and decorative napkin.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Re: Deck of Art - Ace of Clubs

Post by troublesmom »

sorry I meant to say a piece of decorative napkin.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Cheryl-- no problem with me, I am currently 4 behind, so you are not late at all. :lol:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Cheryl, could you please add the theme and due date to the thread title so people can find them easier....thanks!
pugmom

Re: Deck of Art - Ace of Clubs - Ribbon & napkin or flowers5-20

Post by pugmom »

Here's my card for this week. I thought I would also show the napkin I started with.
napkin.jpg
napkin.jpg (26.4 KiB) Viewed 701 times
Deck of Art - Ace of Clubs.jpg
Deck of Art - Ace of Clubs.jpg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 700 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

This is great, I really like the look and texture of the napkin, great job, Sue!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Oh Sue, that's gorgeous!!! Love it!

I think I'll have to give this one a miss - I have got neither decorative napkins nor decoupage medium these days and certainly no intention to go and buy extra stuff to do a challenge. So, sorry...
Paula

Post by Paula »

Petra, No need to buy all of that stuff! Use a white napkin, chalk it, stencil it, rip it, wad it up to make a flower, yadda, yadda, yadda. You have the talent and creativeness to do it all, and more :cool5: :cool5: :cool5: As far as decopage goes, I used book binding glue, and spread it on the card. It worked fine, did not even have to use Mod Podge :lol: :lol: Give it a shot. Even if you don't incorporate all of the items, I don't think you would be 'kicked out of school', right Ruth Ann? :angel: :angel:

So, come on cheerleaders :anyone: Petra needs some encouragement :enabler:
Paula
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sue, your card is stunning! I love the napkin, and the saying, of course, and the way you put it all together :clap: :clap: Great job to match the card :cool5: :cool5:

TFS
Paula
Paula

Post by Paula »

Here is my entry for this week. I am trying to stay on the 'me' theme, and it is getting harder and harder. (maybe I just need to think more, and that is what is harder :lol:

One of my childhood memories is going to my Uncle Budsy's farm for Sunday dinner. I did not know we had to CATCH our dinner, and that the MEN would slaughter the chickens in the yard. (Do not ask what my next memory is :lol: :lol: ) This is a picture of his farm where he had chickens and cattle and sheep. And, of course, a pond.

TFL
Paula
Attachments
100_0598.JPG
100_0598.JPG (24.99 KiB) Viewed 679 times
The Napkin
The Napkin
100_0594.JPG (40.8 KiB) Viewed 679 times
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Petra, I didn't have any decorative napkins either, but when I went to the grocery store yesterday I just happened to see these. No decoupage medium, either. I glued it on with bookbinding glue.

Paula, I love your idea of wadding it up to make a flower - I may need to try that.

I'm having so much fun with these, but now I need a bigger box to keep them in. I think I need to find
one to alter.

Paula, your card is great! I'm ok with eating freshly caught fish, but a freshly slaughtered chicken.....ummmmm....not so sure about that one.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sue and Paula you both did a great job. I'm guessing that I didn't pick a very good theme. Sorry ladies = I also add you could do flowers instead. Please give one of them a try. I plan on getting around to doing mine soon. Been away again.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

This is a great theme, Cheryl! I can't wait to try it and will be on the look out during the rest of our trip for a worthy napkin!

Love your card, Paula, and the memory it evoked. It reminds me that my Grandmother used to have her own chickens for eggs and 'the table' and I had no idea that is what happened to them when I was a child.

Petra, we know you can come up with something creative for this challenge. Any kind of paint could turn the napkin into a work of art for our background. Plain white pva glue will work for gluing it down even if you don't have the CS bookbinding glue but it will be shiny, I think, right? :anyone:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I finally got mine done. So here is what I did. Whisper White Cardstock for base spread Lumiere Pearl Turquoise over it, stamped image in StazOn and saying. Took a small piece of napkin and tried to fold like fan. Added to corner and then placed a pearl from Club Scrap over bottom of fan.
Ace of Clubs.jpg
Ace of Clubs.jpg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

Cheryl, Love it :clap: The background is gorgeous, and I love the fan idea.