CHA Previews

Save some $ Find out what works
pbp908

CHA Previews

Post by pbp908 »

Anyone keeping up with these? The only previews I've seen (so far) are TH and G45, and I have to say that I am not impressed. I saw one or two masks and dies that I wouldn't mind having, but nothing to put on the "got to have" list.

If you've got a link to anything, post it so we can all see.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: CHA Previews

Post by pamcook »

I've seen a few things that caught my eye. Shimelle has a new line I'm anxious to see. I have a ton of her first collection left so I'll probably be a lot more selective with her second. So far, Hip Kit Club has been good about choosing the more currect products so I don't feel like my stash is getting stale. I do like the new Basic Grey collection. Maybe not enough to buy a lot of it.

Looking forward to finishing the last bits on my Journal Your Christmas project (my photos arrive this week) and back to vacations & grandkids.

http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/cha-mega ... eak-peeks/

Tim has stepped up his game. I need 5 of his new punches. Hope bluemoon sells them!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I like the Adrift collection from Basic Grey. We're cruising again in June, so that collection would definitely get used. I also liked the Cork'd stickers (Paper House Productions) - those seemed kind of different (at least in my stash). Then the Camping collection from Bella Blvd would also be useful for me. It's extremely on the far cute end, and while my girl scout troop has outgrown "cute" camping, I think we still have several years of cub scout camping in our future.

Pretty much everything else fell into either the "hate it" or "have something like it already" category.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

I like a bunch of Tim's Sizzix stuff, but not so much the Idea-ology or stamps. I just have to decide what I truly need/want to buy and what I may already have that 's similar. I do want the coffee stuff though!!

Aside from that and some of the new Julie Nutting stamps nothing is really screaming at me. I'd like to see the new watercolor line by Cosmo Cricket that is resist stuff, but the rest of it is mostly a hell no. Still preferring 7Dots and Maja Designs over our US companies for quality and design.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Some of my stash is so old it surely will be coming back around in style soon!! I have to say no to everything until I can use this stuff up! I say that and then this little devil sits on my shoulder and says....."oh, you need that!!!"
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I really like going back to the list and looking at what people say they like from manufacturers I don't know. I think I see the return of some of the stuff that's been out of fashion for several years-stickers, transparencies, punches, snapshots, there were realistic photo stickers like that years ago. Things are cycling around, it's probably still in our stashes.

I liked Tim's foreign cities stamps and Prima's Archivist Collection since we have an archivist in the family. But really, I could make up that kit with all the ephemera, repro newspaper ads and real antique bits I already have and call it the Archive Collection.

There's nothing I have to have-yet!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

Debbie J wrote:Some of my stash is so old it surely will be coming back around in style soon!! I have to say no to everything until I can use this stuff up! I say that and then this little devil sits on my shoulder and says....."oh, you need that!!!"
This is so true!

I do like some of Tim's Sizzix items, and the funky bird stamps are fun - not that I need them :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Debbie J wrote:Some of my stash is so old it surely will be coming back around in style soon!!
I think it already has because that's pretty much what the majority of the "new" releases look like to me - scrapping supplies from 15 years ago. Right now it's not doing a lot for me.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

So far, I've liked Tim's paper release the most, Correspondence, it's called. I wouldn't mind a pad of that but otherwise, nothing else thrills me.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I like some of Karen Burniston's Pop-It-Up card dies and a few of her animal dies. I've looked at the Tim stuff and do like the basic word dies and that coffee embossing folder. But I am better off not looking at all. I enable myself way too much. :lol: :lol: :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I haven't looked at a lot, but will say that in addition to products we've seen before I'm seeing themes come around again. Robots and rockets, really? And Tim's birds, while fanciful, I can't imagine using often enough to justify buying the stamp set. Dina Wakley's Scribbly Birds last year were a better investment, IMO.

There are a few idea.ology bits I'd like - the souvenir charms for sure - and a couple of his new stencils, but it's going to take product samples from CHA to convince me about the rest of Tim's offerings. Just as well, as I'm still picking up stuff from last year that I want!

Shimelle's line is a welcome departure from pink and turquoise; hopefully I'll find some of that locally.

So far, the only one will a really new idea that I've seen is Heidi Swapp with her marquee letters; I said to Marianne in December that I was starting to see them crop up as decor elements. Has anyone done a deer head stamp, LOL?
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Okay, what I am excited about are Dina Wakley's new heavy body metallic paints in gold and silver, there's also copper. And the new fine line tip that you can screw on the tubes and write with - those will be must haves!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I will admit that I didn't really look into anything media related - no pens, gels, inks, paints, whatever. I need to go look at that stuff, but I don't really use it - which is why I haven't bought any in a very long time. But I should go see what's out there.

Most of what I was browsing for was paper - even though it's the very last thing I need. But I was breezing through pretty quickly. Did anyone see anything interesting that's new in the way of TOOLS? I did see a bunch of the dies, which I thought were great investments in the beginning of my scrapping life, because they could be used an endless number of times, but admittedly, most of the dies I own have been used a maximum of once. I keep telling them they'll come in very handy when I'm retired, or quit my job due to some unexpected financial windfall. :lol: Anyway, tools have always interested me. I have more than enough consumables, but I'm beginning to wonder if I have pretty much everything that exists from a tool standpoint.
Julie Fugina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

jfugina wrote:...Did anyone see anything interesting that's new in the way of TOOLS?...Anyway, tools have always interested me. I have more than enough consumables, but I'm beginning to wonder if I have pretty much everything that exists from a tool standpoint.
I hear you about tools, and can confess to having purchased my share of duds along with ones I can't live without. I haven't seen any new scrapping tools yet, but have you seen the Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented - MISTI for short? http://mysweetpetunia.com/product/misti ... ed-121514/

I just heard about it; apparently if you're into making batches of cards this will have you perfectly stamping them in assembly-line fashion. Both Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner have blogged about it.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think I had heard of that at some point. My issue with that is that I'm not much of a stamper (uh, not what you'd think if you went in my craft room and noticed the thousands of stamps in there), and it would be fairly expensive given that I wouldn't use it that often. I do have some sort of small acrylic stamp positioner, but I've long since forgotten how to use it. It's just an acrylic L, I think.

If I'm going to do a lot of stamping of the same image, I usually just pencil a grid on the cardstock, and line up the L thing with the grid and stamp that way, and it gets it close enough.

Die cutting tools have always made me very happy, even if I don't use them much. But lately, I find that the thin dies really don't work that well, so it's started being a bit of a turn-off. I have to get my scissors in there and finish almost every cut. Anyway, I'd love to find a whole new tool to play with.
Julie Fugina