Spray Bottles

Save some $ Find out what works
mpizzazz

Spray Bottles

Post by mpizzazz »

Since Prima came out with sprays in trigger handled bottles I've been wanting to try the trigger handles to see if they work better. But they are expensive, so I found empty bottles at Dollar Tree and bought a few. They only had colored bottles and I really wanted clear. When I went back, they had clear ones so I bought more, mixed up some inks in them and some white paint. Then I went away for 6 weeks. Just tried them again yesterday and they work fine even the white paint one. They have a small spray zone so you can be more precise and they drip well if you squeeze slowly. So I am going to gradually replace the frustrating sprayers with these. They are also easier to use than the traditional spray top. These are about 7" tall so they hold quite a bit. I did not add any sparkle or shimmer powders.
You can buy the bottles for .84 online but with shipping I figure a dollar each is ok locally. Of course, I realize most of you probably have way more spray inks than I have since I mostly make my own.
Anyway, take this info for what it's worth.
Attachments
P1140016.JPG
P1140016.JPG (101.49 KiB) Viewed 552 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Re: Spray Bottles

Post by pbp908 »

Cool. I may have to run to Dollar Tree tomorrow and see if our store has them.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Dollar Tree is wonderful. I may have to go and get some myself
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

cool that they had them

I got one at Michaels for 1.49 it was in toy section of all places
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Good to know.
I need to pull out a few of the GM and set them on my desk. If I see them, I'll use them. Would love to use them all up. I like to use them as "watercolors" and for splatters (avoiding the wretched sprayers all together).
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam how do you avoid the sprayers?
pamcook wrote:Good to know.
I need to pull out a few of the GM and set them on my desk. If I see them, I'll use them. Would love to use them all up. I like to use them as "watercolors" and for splatters (avoiding the wretched sprayers all together).
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

This is good info Marianne. I don't use my mists because most of them are clogged. But they were so expensive that I hesitate to throw them away. I tend to empty just a bit into a mini mister and use what I need from there, and then rinse out the mini mister when I'm done. But that's a pain too. Having better bottles that don't clog would be ideal.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Cheryl - I wasn't very clear, was I?
I use a paint brush to brush the mist onto the paper or use the tube and tap on the side of the top to splatter the mist onto the paper. I almost never spray the mist any more.
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Is there a You Tube video showing techinques for these things? LOL! I'm way behind in the times.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Laurie wrote:Is there a You Tube video showing techinques for these things? LOL! I'm way behind in the times.
There are probably tons of videos about mists. But if you read any threads here about mists, you will quickly learn that the sprayers clog constantly and are very frustrating. If you have reinkers, paints, etc. thin them down, add something shimmery if you want that, and buy sprayers at dollar stores and save yourself $5 or $6 per color. Youtube probably has a lot of recipes for making your own mists.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Something that I have used is alcohol as it dries faster than water. I have used re inkers with it great and more cost effective.
mpizzazz wrote:
Laurie wrote:Is there a You Tube video showing techinques for these things? LOL! I'm way behind in the times.
There are probably tons of videos about mists. But if you read any threads here about mists, you will quickly learn that the sprayers clog constantly and are very frustrating. If you have reinkers, paints, etc. thin them down, add something shimmery if you want that, and buy sprayers at dollar stores and save yourself $5 or $6 per color. Youtube probably has a lot of recipes for making your own mists.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Very interesting. Seems like the mists last a long time. A little goes a long way.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:Something that I have used is alcohol as it dries faster than water. I have used re inkers with it great and more cost effective.
What kind of reinkers do you mix the alcohol with, Cheryl? Are they pigment inks or dye inks?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:
troublesmom wrote:Something that I have used is alcohol as it dries faster than water. I have used re inkers with it great and more cost effective.
What kind of reinkers do you mix the alcohol with, Cheryl? Are they pigment inks or dye inks?
Great question!
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Great question.....I have a ton of Stamp'n Up reinkers. Can I mix them with alcohol?
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina