in my entire stash, I will probably look to
the cricut cartridges and maybe do a 3-d
pine cone on the stamped boughs
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Judi in IL

Re: Tim's tags 2010

Post by Judi in IL »

I can't find a pine cone either. Ginny decided a couple of weeks ago that she would take the rubber off of all of the WM stamps we have and turn them into UMs. It is a huge job and when finished it will make them so much easier to find and take up so much less space, but right now I can't find ANYTHING!! :(
Monica

Post by Monica »

I had a hard time with the pinecone as well, but finally discovered a small one from PSX stashed away... and also 2 mirror image pine boughs.... which gave me a good basis for the tag. I got a bit carried away with the embossing, though, so I may end up starting another one and use UTEE to emboss. Hmmm.... wonder if I have a brass stencil with a pinecone? That would look cool done with chalks and stencil paste..... more ideas!! I want go home and play, not be stuck at work.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I love the brass stencil with paste idea!
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I have never tried Tim's tags before, but decided to have a go this year. Mine should really be called "Timless Tags" as I don't have any of his stuff, but what the heck!

I made the house from white corrugated card that I went over with ink then flattened it with a rolling-pin. It came out a bit big, so there is no room for a tree. The fence is made from cardboard and the snow is acrylic paint and glitter.

I don't have a pinecone stamp, so used my holly stamp instead, with three little red brads, and Yes, the torn patch does cover a rather big mess! Maybe I'd better make another tag?

I had a go at Tim's flower. I cut strips of tissue paper and stuck a length of double-sided tape on the back, then pulled off the backing a little at a time. I edged it with gold ink. My red bird is an English robin. They sing all through the winter.
Kathryn.
Attachments
Tag--01.jpg
Tag--01.jpg (73.35 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Tag-02.jpg
Tag-02.jpg (54.24 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Tag--03.jpg
Tag--03.jpg (52.67 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I love your tags and I think Tim would too. Though of course he wants to sell product, but I think he mostly wants to get people to think and create with what they have. You did a great job! :clap: :clap:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I agree with Judi! Tim wants to get us moving and I think using our stash is the way to go.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Love all 3 of your tags, Kathryn. I think that's the whole point too. Just start creating from your stash and let his inspiration take you to new horizons.

Here is my day 3. I have an extensive list of all my substitutions on my blog. It was soooooo hard not to run out and buy that tissue tape. I resisted though.
Attachments
Day3TH12Tags2010.jpg
Day3TH12Tags2010.jpg (35.21 KiB) Viewed 173 times
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

BEAUTIFUL, Rachelle! Love the trim at the bottom instead of the tinsel. I have quite a stash of beaded trims. Need to get them out! Thanks for the idea.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

oh these are all so awesome. I can't even pick a favorite. You ladies are rockin these tags
(though Rachelle I do have the tape & it is great :D )
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Awesome work, ladies!!
Paula

Post by Paula »

I am hoping that I will time this weekend to play. And I know what to do first :angel:
Monica

Post by Monica »

BTW..... I'm actually staying on top of getting this year's copied, resized, and saved as Word documents..... if you want a copy of them please send me a PM with your e-mail address. For those of you who wanted last year's, well, I still haven't gotten around to the copy and resize of them yet. I did all mine by looking at the laptop while creating..... but I'm too lazy to create enough space on my work area to do that this year. May be after this year's tags are done I'll get a chance to go back and do up last year's.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I have all 3 years as word docs if anyone needs them.