Farley’s September-Card-A-Day DONE and THANK YOU!!!

mpizzazz

Re: Farley’s September-Card-A-Day with PamC Challenge

Post by mpizzazz »

You know I love that 'tweet' one but your cards are always wonderful!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

What Pam said!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Ouch - Sorry to hear about your dental problems.
Once again, your cards are wonderful.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Fabulous cards Farley, and kudos to you for keeping up with the challenge even with your busy schedule! I can't pick a favourite, but know I'll be revisiting this thread for some technique ideas when I'm again at my desk and ready to play. Keep 'em coming!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Wow Farley, lots going on. Sorry to hear about your dental issues...yikes. Kudos to you for keeping up on your wonderful cards.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:Wow Farley, lots going on. Sorry to hear about your dental issues...yikes. Kudos to you for keeping up on your wonderful cards.

Thanks everyone for your comments and encouragement to keep going. Heaven knows, I have an endless supply so that if I made a card a day for a year (ain’t going to happen) I’d still have leftover supplies. But in spite of birding this weekend, I’ll be making cards like a fiend.

Pat, I really have no complaints other than what my insurance didn’t cover, LOL. My jaw was just a bit sore but recovery was easy. I love my dentist...crazy, I know...but he is very considerate, gentle and has a great sense of humor. I’ve been traveling the distance to go to him for 25 years. I told him he cannot retire until I can no longer drive up there. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

September 14 Card: These new Sizzix 3D embossing folders are wonderful. This one is a Tim Holtz. I applied Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers to the flat side of the folder with a light mist of water so it colored the “floor” of the embossed design. Sentiment (Catherine Pooler) also stamped with Peacock Feathers and heat embossed with clear powder. Bird on branch die from stash.

I also embossed cardstock without any inking then swiped Peacock Feathers lightly on the raised top images for a future card.
Attachments
B576D5FA-BE2F-46BC-B1A6-BA4552BB0CFC.jpeg
B576D5FA-BE2F-46BC-B1A6-BA4552BB0CFC.jpeg (158.61 KiB) Viewed 136 times
2D55A096-6FA4-4168-ABC0-24A740DB4ED4.jpeg
2D55A096-6FA4-4168-ABC0-24A740DB4ED4.jpeg (126.41 KiB) Viewed 136 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

So pretty! I really need to try this again.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I love that raised effect, Farley, so much depth to it! Are those folders deeper with more detail in the recessed areas? I haven't kept up with Tim's new products.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:I love that raised effect, Farley, so much depth to it! Are those folders deeper with more detail in the recessed areas? I haven't kept up with Tim's new products.

Marianne those folders are definitely thicker. So thick, that you can only use one cutting pad. I have two of these Sizzix folders but only this one is a Tim folder. I used Bristol card stock and it worked great.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:I love that raised effect, Farley, so much depth to it! Are those folders deeper with more detail in the recessed areas? I haven't kept up with Tim's new products.

Marianne those folders are definitely thicker. So thick, that you can only use one cutting pad. I have two of these Sizzix folders but only this one is a Tim folder. I used Bristol card stock and it worked great.
Thanks, Farley! A lot of those are really gorgeous!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

The embossing folder card with bird is so pretty. Love the color.

paddlegal wrote:Pat, I really have no complaints other than what my insurance didn’t cover, LOL. My jaw was just a bit sore but recovery was easy. I love my dentist...crazy, I know...but he is very considerate, gentle and has a great sense of humor. I’ve been traveling the distance to go to him for 25 years. I told him he cannot retire until I can no longer drive up there.
It's funny, we were talking about the dentist yesterday. We have a nice dentist here, but if I could get back to Port Washington, WI for dental appointments and anything that might pop up, I would do it in a heartbeat. Dr. Mike Hanson, call me Mike, was wonderful. He even came into the office on his day off, while out shopping for wedding tux for friend's wedding, to take care of an issue I had prior to my leaving town for a few days. Those types are not the norm in my opinion.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

September 15 Card: This is all one stamp from IO, stamped with just 2 colors of CP inks. I also did a little bit of watercolor around the birds using the ink. I wanted a dark bluish background and searching throug my already cut card bases I found this CS card stock from Haberdashery. But after I scored and folded the card, I looked inside and realized it was one of the Michael Strong co-op designs with CS. So I reversed it and you can slightly make out the beautiful embossed design of his. I think this was from the 2010 retreat? Or was it one of his additions to a special kit? Faulty memory here.
Attachments
B56F7273-B72B-4948-91F7-C0DDBCE88E76.jpeg
B56F7273-B72B-4948-91F7-C0DDBCE88E76.jpeg (99.59 KiB) Viewed 123 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Well, I don't know where the paper came from, but I love this card. You've gotten such depth with your shadows and watercoloring. :clap:
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Those birds!!
Love it.
Pam Cook #48