12/5-12/7 Wknd Chlnge--Marbling paper- WINNER pg4

n8tvtexan

Re: 12/5-12/7 Wkend Challenge--Marbling paper- ends 7p Sun

Post by n8tvtexan »

Here are my results. I tried everything I have onhand. :lol:
Attachments
I think these using glimmer mists came out best.
I think these using glimmer mists came out best.
glimmer mists.jpg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 503 times
I tried 2 different colors of Color Wash in this attempt.
I tried 2 different colors of Color Wash in this attempt.
color wash.jpg (21.58 KiB) Viewed 503 times
1st try using Alcohol Inks
1st try using Alcohol Inks
alcohol inks.jpg (25.44 KiB) Viewed 503 times
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Last one. I used two different types of paint in this one. The black is Slick paint.
Attachments
paints.jpg
paints.jpg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 506 times
Becky

Post by Becky »

I had a few "duds" but then found a technique that seemed pretty consistent - I played with whatever colored liquid I could put my hands on - which sadly wasn't much of a variety - must go to store soon! (At this moment I have no way to get an image on here - I'll try to have one up by tomorrow afternoon.)

Anyway, I used alcohol inks and a little sprinkle of perfect pearls.

1. I filled a pyrex pan with a little water - and NO dish soap. (If I remember way back, dish soap decreases the surface tension of water, and for marbleizing you want the ink/paint/whatever to float on top. So, because I'm using alcohol inks, I think, I need to not use the dish soap. Whatever the reason, I could only get the alcohol inks to float w/o soap.)
2. I sprinkled a dash of the perfect pearls.
3. I used 2 or 3 alcohol ink colors and gently dropped like 2 drips of each. When I had no soap in the pan, the inks instantly spread out and were almost hard to see, but floated on top. It was kinda cool how the colors would push each other out of the way when another drop landed.
4. Then I quickly, and gently, dropped the piece of cardstock (like a 3"x4" piece or smaller) onto the surface of the water.
5. Immediately, I picked the paper back up, trying not to dunk it.

I got fairly consistent vibrant swirly colors.

I also used acrylic paint (which was too thick and I tried to thin) and distress reinkers - these sank to the bottom. I could push the paper all the way to the bottom and pick up the colors (the reinker was pretty faint) and got some spiffy backgrounds - mostly due to the acrylic paint.

The other thing I did, which made me laugh, was put the soap in the pan first, then put in the water, and accidentally let the soap foam. So, I went ahead and put paint on the foamy water and put paper on that. I definitely got color onto the paper, but it's more speckled than swirled. (Hmmm, maybe that's another technique - colored foam!)

Again, I'm sorry I'm a goober and can't get an image up right now. I'll work to correct that tomorrow.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Michelle
I didn't think to try the glimmer mists. I'll have to try that today.
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

A couple of mine w reinkers came out very blah. So, I hit those w a couple of different glimmer mist colors. Better, but still not great. Think I used too much water. They will probably be looking inside my trash can.

My acrylics were too thick a couple of times and I fingerpainted some with them to spread the color around. May use them.
Peace... Christmas Green and Antique Gold

I have to say that I like my Alcohol Ink Floats (TJs) best~colors are more vibrant.
Cats use AI Terra Cotta and Bottle
Attachments
Peace.jpg
Peace.jpg (51.56 KiB) Viewed 486 times
AI Terra bg.jpg
AI Terra bg.jpg (31.87 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Cats.jpg
Cats.jpg (43.56 KiB) Viewed 485 times
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

First is bg for Peace...above.

Pink Peace... and Nutcracker use AI Float w Wild Plum and Bottle. Easy to see the difference between the first and second bg sheet by intensity of color.
Attachments
Gr Y bg.jpg
Gr Y bg.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 482 times
AI bgs.jpg
AI bgs.jpg (43.78 KiB) Viewed 482 times
AI Floats.jpg
AI Floats.jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Here's one of my contributions...haven't finished any others yet! I posted earlier how I managed it..I like this tag...it is similar to TH tag day 2 or 3...I didn't have blue AI to do that one. I adhered a grungeboard star and smeared the yellow a dab on the tag...made me crazy so I just added a little more yellow distrss ink to make it look like star glow...stickles on tree branches and because the tree stamp (i stamped twice with same stamp) wasn't perfect at the bottom of the smaller tree, I added some glitter gunk with snowflakes that I had on hand. All in all...it appeals to me.
Attachments
marbled ink tag 001.JPG
marbled ink tag 001.JPG (28.85 KiB) Viewed 471 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

beautiful
I like the nutcracker April

Your tag does look like day 2
Nice job Ruth Ann
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

Ruth Ann~love your tag. It is gorgeous!

Finished up a couple more for the day.

The Take a Bow is one I hit w a couple of Glimmer Mists bec I had used too much water. The other two are w acrylics.

TFL,
Attachments
Marbleized Cards.jpg
Marbleized Cards.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 461 times
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I've been trying to get on all day to post these but the PAO seemed to be gone until just now.
IMG_6748 copy.jpg
IMG_6748 copy.jpg (96.08 KiB) Viewed 452 times
IMG_6749 copy.jpg
IMG_6749 copy.jpg (55.73 KiB) Viewed 452 times
In the marbling book, I have it gave a recipe for a cornstarch base to thicken the water and support more color. The cornstarch really didn't thicken but before I threw it out I tried memory mists on it. I think it has possibilities when I have more time.
IMG_6754 copy.jpg
IMG_6754 copy.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 452 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

These are a few more over the cornstarch base with the Memory Mists.
IMG_6755 copy.jpg
IMG_6755 copy.jpg (81.57 KiB) Viewed 450 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Ruth Ann Landry

christy are you extending this at all due to forum glitches?
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

You've all done such fun things. I didn't get time to play, but will definitely come back to this thread to see how the different mediums worked.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:christy are you extending this at all due to forum glitches?

Yes I am going to extend until 7pm Monday night
I was blocked from 10 this morning until 7:30 tonight (longest hours of my life)
So if you've done them and not posted
Post away
If you get a little play time tomorrow then share with us :D
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: 12/5-12/7 Wknd Chlnge--Marbling paper- ends 7p MON Extended

Here are 2 more that I worked on today...as much as I hated having the board go down, I got some stuff done...tags, birds, shoes, and reorganized my scrap room...Anyway, I LOVE my Ophelia tag..love purple and green, used grungeboard O with purple stickles and 2 small flowers...the blue one is rather wild, but the stamp is a tarot card stamp and I thought it warranted something a little glitchy...
Attachments
marbled tags2 002.JPG
marbled tags2 002.JPG (34.39 KiB) Viewed 432 times
marbled tags2 001.JPG
marbled tags2 001.JPG (29.3 KiB) Viewed 432 times