April 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

nancine

Re: April 2016 Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Post by nancine »

Well it's sideways on my iPad too, and right way on PC. Is it because the photo was taken with iPhone?
Maybe I should take them sideways!

Papers are a mix Pat. Refresh with Surf's Up print (remix?) Cyprus & the tan is that old paper that's cut like a postage stamp and has Lincoln on one side? I bought a tom of it for the tan/cream.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Ahhhh, I like it much better on the computer, right side up. It was tweaking my little neck to look at it on ipad.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I feel I need to explain this LO. The yellow strip that says "life is perfect..." was my starting point before I knew what photos or anything else I was going to use. I must have changed the papers a dozen times. But here it is. Goofy colors for the photos but I was determined to use that new EP kit I just got that the sentiment strip was from.

As usual it's late and it's past this night owl's bedtime after a busy day of birding in high winds.

Thanks Jen for the fun sketch.
Attachments
20160416_002132-600x600.jpg
20160416_002132-600x600.jpg (141.14 KiB) Viewed 284 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Looks great Farley!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is sooooo sweet! Your navy shirts are neutrals so any colors go with them.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

nice layout Farley
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:That is sooooo sweet! Your navy shirts are neutrals so any colors go with them.

Oh thank you Marianne. I needed to hear something like that. Working with photos and printed colorful papers is a big challenge for me.

Thanks Keitha and Jill.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very nice, Farley. Thanks for playing. I feel your struggle with colorful patterned papers.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:Very nice, Farley. Thanks for playing. I feel your struggle with colorful patterned papers.

Thanks Jen.

Looking at it here I now think that had I placed an additional solid color layer or darker, denser print under the blue woodgrain base it might have made it better. Right now it just seems busy and my eye is bouncing all over the place without seeing the photos. I'm learning and doing your sketches helps. I wonder if I can peel it back and layer something. Hmmm. Probably best left alone.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I never tear mine apart like that. I figure it's a lesson learned and move on to the next one. There are many layouts I would be happy to re-do. But there are always more photos.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
ScrappinJen wrote:Very nice, Farley. Thanks for playing. I feel your struggle with colorful patterned papers.

Thanks Jen.

Looking at it here I now think that had I placed an additional solid color layer or darker, denser print under the blue woodgrain base it might have made it better. Right now it just seems busy and my eye is bouncing all over the place without seeing the photos. I'm learning and doing your sketches helps. I wonder if I can peel it back and layer something. Hmmm. Probably best left alone.
I've gone back and added papers underneath but I don't think this needs it. I like the way there are tiny bits of the darks in the prints but the main darks are the photos so that is where my eye goes.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:
paddlegal wrote:

Thanks Jen.

I've gone back and added papers underneath but I don't think this needs it. I like the way there are tiny bits of the darks in the prints but the main darks are the photos so that is where my eye goes.

Then I am done! :D I do like it IRL better than in this photo.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Farley, I really like your page. They colors are fun and I think they really enhance your photos.
:clap:
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks everyone for encouraging this scrap-challenged gal. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

I think it turned out great, no need to add more! Cute photos and with your navy shirts they really do stand out as Marianne said!