Oh No! Luminarte is Closing!

Save some $ Find out what works
Luly

Re: Oh No! Luminarte is Closing!

Post by Luly »

Tee hee, did you notice the Mods are all stalking this site trying to find out how to get 40% off? :clap:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Well gee, Luly, and you wouldn't?

I ordered (which I was going to do anyway) and I'm still being billed full price. So no discount there.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

Same for me Pam-- I'm calling them in the AM and see if they are changing it or not.

I didn't even get a place to print out my order. Weird huh?
Luly

Post by Luly »

pbp908 wrote:Well gee, Luly, and you wouldn't?

I ordered (which I was going to do anyway) and I'm still being billed full price. So no discount there.

Pam
Shoot, I was third but I was still stalkin! :happy114:
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I placed a big order--no discount either, but if they're going out of business I guess I won't regret it one way or another. I'm hoping I still get a discount though! I love my twinks!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

LOL Luly! Enablers all!

Maybe it's just the auto-generated acknowledgement and the discount will be there when it ships. Holly - please let us know what they tell you when you call. I'd love to order more, but how much I order is determined by price. I don't get a bonus until June and have to stretch my crafting dollars until then. ;)

Pam
Pam P.

Holly

Post by Holly »

Well, I called the phone number, and still no answer. I emailed a reply to the order email. And I placed an email to customer service. We will have to wait and see what they respond.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Ok-- I spoke with them-- and they say orders are coming in fast. They may be open two weeks or four, but probably leaning toward the two weeks or as soon as they are sold out. And yes, their system won't deal with the discount so they are taking it off in the office as they do the order. It won't show up on the internet anywhere.
Monica

Post by Monica »

You people are evil!! :twisted: I'm trying so hard to save money yet you keep posting things like this!! .... grumble as I head off to Luminarte.... :enabler:

Monica :mrgreen:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Post by Monica »

Okay... I have some of the Polished Pigments already and love them, but none of the Twinks yet... is it worth $168 plus tax and S&H for me to buy the entire set of small ones? I need to hear from someone who owns these before I bite the bullet.

Monica
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I ordered one of the 24 minis - debated a long time about which colors.

Pam
Pam P.

ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Monica wrote:You people are evil!! :twisted: I'm trying so hard to save money yet you keep posting things like this!! .... grumble as I head off to Luminarte.... :enabler:

Monica :mrgreen:

me too :roll:
Monica

Post by Monica »

We are all such enablers, aren't we? lol! At least I'm comforted by our shared addictions!!

Monica
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've never used any of these. Are they the only company who makes the Twink H20?

Any suggestions about must have products?
Pam Cook #48
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I like to watercolor with the twinkling h2os on dark cardstock. Stamp your image in Versamark, emboss with black EP, then color in with twinks. They sparkle and shine. I have lots of basic colors, but noticed that I didn't have many bright reds, greens, and blues, so I looked for some sets that had those colors. But if you like the idea of coloring on dark paper, stick with the light colors. You need the basic golds, silvers, whites, etc. These are so great for coloring in fairies to sparkle...

The attached photo shows a fairy stamped on dark green and colored with Brilliance inks that I did a few years ago, but you get the same effect with twinks; actually, they will shimmer more with twinks.
Attachments
brilliance_faerie2.jpg
brilliance_faerie2.jpg (192.12 KiB) Viewed 184 times