Whats up?

troublesmom

Whats up?

Post by troublesmom »

Beth came over last Saturday and we started out scrappin but it soon turned to genealogy. She is helping me find one of my 'brick walls'.

Been doing good with my health program, less than 10 pounds left to loose and still doing the treadmill but not everyday. My knee has been killing me and I went to the dr and had xrays and the it is good old ARTHUR so not much to do but cold compresses and tylenol.

I have been doing some scrapping but spending most of my time sorting through my piles of genealogy that is not in the correct binders. I have a lot of it away but still have a lot to do.

So what have you been up to lately??????
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
djenns

Re: Whats up?

Post by djenns »

I've been making cards for CS summer camp and birthdays, anniv in my family. I've done rally well. Have lost 20 lb since 5-22, on WW since early June - I do have more to go, but am feeling much better than I was in May. We did go to a potluck here at the RV park tonight.....so I haven't a clue as to how to count points, but I ate very little. It's my birthday and I decided I could "splurge" a bit. Also sold 4 of my recent cards to a lady in the park. The mgr, actually.....she liked the card I made for her birthday, so having her buy some cards really made my day.

:cool5: :cool5:

Diana
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Well, Cheryl, I've been beating my head on your brick wall! :lol:

I've also been scanning my grandmother's 1925 yearbook to share parts of it on the web.

I got a wild hair to make a sort of ATC with a church on it for a special purpose. I could NOT find a church sticker or stamp, so went digi. I'm not very good with perspective, so don't laugh. This was fun to do and serves its purpose.
My_Little_Church.jpg
My_Little_Church.jpg (118.63 KiB) Viewed 292 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

We are in PA & DE this past week. Visited the Crayola Factory (awesome time had by all) shopping, fishing, crabbing, jellyfish catching, miniature golfing, and horseback riding. We'll come home Saturday and get ready for school to start (yay)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Beth don't beat your head against the wall too hard, I have been searching on and off for several years so you know I'm not in that big of hurry.

Your ATC turned out great.

Diana great job on the weight, it is amazing how a loss can make you feel so much better. Splurging is not terrible as long as you don't splurge very often.

Have a great rest of vacation Christy.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Let's just say that my weeks are composed of Mondays and there seems to always be a full moon hanging overhead.

You all see what I'm posting, so at least when I can sit down and have peace the digi skills are growing.

Cedric is still the bright spot in my life.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Cheryl - I'm taking gin-soaked raisins every night for the arthritis. It's helping. Either that or I just don't care, but it's the same result.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Way to go Pam! At this point in time I think I will hold off on that option ;-) I have never been one who likes the 'taste' of alcohol. The closest I can get is White Zin in with my diet soda - my son calls it kool aid.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Well, it's been a crappy summer...weather wise....until the past week when summer finally decided to arrive in northern PA. Since we've had so much yukky weather, I've managed to ALSB every kit that has free instructions and that I've hoarded for the past 2-3 years. I have almost completely filled a milk crate with finished pages and am ready to finish with photos for the next year or so! I've also finished some of the projects that came with those kits. I haven't really played with my paints or other supplies much at all this summer...but tomorrow and Sunday, Dani and I will be taking classes with Tim Holtz in Maryland so I'm hoping I get some of my more creative energy back. Dh and I will be returning to Maryland again next week to help our son with some projects, then back home to help Dani and family while she has her surgery. In September, we are going to New Hampshire to go to the NASCAR races in Louden......that's DH's passion and I am a good sport! I guess that about sums it up for me!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Ruth Ann you will have a wonderful time in those classes. Wish I could get back up there. I do like PA but certainly miss living in Maryland.

Our weather down in NC has been so very, very hot and we get just enough rain to keep us out of the drought but we are a bit on the dry side. I guess that is just the way it works.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I can't believe where my summer has gone - I can't even account for the fact that we had one! I haven't been to my scrap room for the ENTIRE summer, except to make the cards for birthday and OCAM. It's so very sad. I need to get back down there and find some major crafting mojo.

I've been obsessively collecting digi goodies, but have barely made anything all summer. I did a few baby layouts (I got a new niece and a new first-cousin-once-removed (on my husband's side). And we just got back from a wedding. So we've spent a lot of time celebrating. ;) I just haven't been scrapping much of it.

I purchased a Sony digital reader (competitor to the Kindle) a couple of months ago, and haven't been able to let it go. Acquiring new books is so incredibly simple, and I can get stuff from the library without leaving the house. So I've been on a reading streak, but that seems to be slowing a bit.

Lastly, I started Curves a couple of months ago. I wish I could say I've made progress, but even with my workouts on the calendar, I rarely even make it 3x per week. And the food problem is an entirely different monster that I'm not at all ready to tackle. I wish I could report success like Cheryl (WTG, BTW!), but it just isn't quite in the cards yet.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

We have been home from our 7 week summer vacation for about 10 days now. The trailer is clean, the laundry is done. We have a lot of yard clean up that we're hoping to get to this week end, but it's going to be in the 100s again so that will be a very early morning only project.

Youngest son is home for a week to pack up his things for storage and college and then we are taking him to Tucson next week to check into the dorm and start his college adventure. As soon as he's off we'll be tackling his room, painting, new flooring and turning it into a guest room/den.

We are closing on the beach house we bought while up in Oregon at the end of the month and now trying to plan a short trip to visit it; maybe October.

Despite all that I am getting a little scrapping and card making done and school started this week so I'm looking forward to getting a few sub jobs soon. I'm hoping I get enough work to make it worthwhile, otherwise I'll be looking for a different job.

Wow! it's a packed month for me!