Don't tell me the ending yet...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Laurie

Don't tell me the ending yet...

Post by Laurie »

Has anyone read the book "The Shack". It is so good. I'm not through yet, maybe by tonight or tomorrow since church is tonight.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Laurie

Re: Don't tell me the ending yet...

Post by Laurie »

Okay...I was telling someone about this book and they said that there were some bad reviews about this book. On BreakPoint it saw it was Diminishing Glory....I didn't look at it that way. I was enjoying a book.
North Carolina
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Laurie, a book is like a piece of art...the beauty is in the mind of the reader...and usually open to multiple interpretations...forget the reviews and enjoy on your own for what you get from it....Some of the best movies i have ever seen had terrible reviews from the critics...and i don't think many authors intended to say what most critics seem to get from a book! Enjoy, girl!
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I think I will!
North Carolina
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

This book just came up today!
A woman in my Bible Study read it and while she wasn't happy with or agreeing with some of the way things were portayed, she really like the way "God" was portrayed with lots of unconditional love.

(haven't read it myself)

Kristen
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Okay....I am almost finished with this book (Shack). It is so good, but taking me forever to read. I read before I go to bed, in bed at that, and I fall asleep. But I want to recommend this book to everyone on PAO. But, you have to read it with your heart and not your brain. It's one of those books that helps you realize that their is a God and He wants a closer relationship with us. It is funny, sad, and makes you feel like you are right there with Mack (one of the characters). I like it, I hope you will too.
North Carolina
flojo

Post by flojo »

I'm with Ruth Ann. Some of the best movies I've seen were flops at the box office.
rettaescape

Post by rettaescape »

I read it and many of the people at our church are reading it. I scheduled a book review for the 24th so we can all talk about it. Even our Pastor read it. Let me know what you think when you are finished. I agree with your assessment. You must read it with your heart. I thought it was a good book.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I recently read this book, and was so touched by it. It makes you want to tell all to READ this book...and I have been!

Pat
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Me too Pat. I too am so touched by it. It makes you realize that God is not in a box. I don't want to spoil it for anyone...but it is something that you just want to share with folks.
North Carolina
Connie Lutz

Post by Connie Lutz »

I read the book last month. It wasn't my favorite/nor usually a topic I would pick; HOWEVER - I did find it interesting and worth a read.