Really? She made cards? And more cards?

azemigh

Really? She made cards? And more cards?

Post by azemigh »

I haven't made cards in a very long time. I think it might have been a year, :roll: but my stash is getting low and I really wanted to try the card formula that Tricia posted over at the CS Creates blog, so I played today. I did quite a mix of CS papers and stamps. I identified most of them on my blog. It's a fun and easy card formula and uses 4 sheets of 8.5 x 11 to make 4 cards.
Attachments
CardFormula4sheets.jpg
CardFormula4sheets.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
CardFormula4sheets2.jpg
CardFormula4sheets2.jpg (73.18 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
jfugina

Re: Really? She made cards?

Post by jfugina »

Those are pretty fantastic. I haven't made cards in forever either. I'll definitely need to revisit the CS site when I get into a card mode again.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Great cards, Rachelle. I like that ALCM, too, and was thinking of throwing some together. It's a good sketch.
djenns

Post by djenns »

These turned out great - think I'll try this ALCM out this weekend.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Monica

Post by Monica »

I like the cards! :clap:

I do wish that some of the ALCM formulas were for 12x12 papers, though.... I have way more of that than the 8.5x11 size.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Agree, Monica. Same in my paper closet.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Love the cards! So much fun doing cards.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Thanks Everyone! It was fun to do some cards again. I wish there were more 12x12 card formulas too. I probably have a 25 to 1 ratio of 12x12 to 8.5x11 papers and I don't know what prevents me from cutting the 12 x 12's down, probably waste, but I just can't seem to do it.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I haven't looked at any of the formulas lately, but the other main trouble I had with the formulas, was that all papers needed to be cardstock. There weren't really options for throwing a sheet of regular weight patterned paper in there. That's why I quit using them - I needed to be able to use cardstock for the base, but also use up some of that printed patterned paper.
Julie Fugina
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

Wonderful sets! :cool5:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I tend to cut them down if I need to. You can always use the piece cut off for banners or to be cut with a border punch. Course I do have plenty the 8.5 x 11 papers.
azemigh wrote:Thanks Everyone! It was fun to do some cards again. I wish there were more 12x12 card formulas too. I probably have a 25 to 1 ratio of 12x12 to 8.5x11 papers and I don't know what prevents me from cutting the 12 x 12's down, probably waste, but I just can't seem to do it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

jfugina wrote:I haven't looked at any of the formulas lately, but the other main trouble I had with the formulas, was that all papers needed to be cardstock. There weren't really options for throwing a sheet of regular weight patterned paper in there. That's why I quit using them - I needed to be able to use cardstock for the base, but also use up some of that printed patterned paper.
That was what I liked about the formula Nathalia did on her blog ages ago. She used pp and had cs for the bases. Of course there were some really small cards, but the formula was quick and easy. I should really dig that out and give it another whirl! I'd refer you to her blog, but it's no longer there.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I still have several cards that I made from that formula. I thought it was great too, and I wish there were more like it. There was another blog that I loved that posted different card formulas every month (Sheetload), but that went away a while back also. I used to make a lot more cards when the SheetLoad posts came out each month. My biggest problem with them was that their formulas were often wasteful. So I'd do some math and figure out how to increase the recipe, or use scraps rather than cut into a full sheet when only a little bit was needed.
Julie Fugina
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Another challenge on the CS Blog was to use baby wipes as an ink pad. I tried it with my metallic inks on both white and black glossy paper. I was definitely in a fall mood too. The leaves have started turning here, and the colors are beautiful.
Attachments
FallCard2.jpg
FallCard2.jpg (53.21 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
FallCard3.jpg
FallCard3.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
FallCard4.jpg
FallCard4.jpg (67.21 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
troublesmom

Re: Really? She made cards? And more cards?

Post by troublesmom »

Love those Rachelle!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO