PAOist Doll Swap--Closed and Completed

azemigh

PAOist Doll Swap--Closed and Completed

Post by azemigh »

I am making a slight CHANGE in this swap. Instead of posting the list of swap recipients I am going to pm each participant privately with their recipient and her address. I am also starting a new thread to post your finished doll in so that we can all see the beautiful creations. This way you will still be surprised when your doll arrives in the mail even if you've seen her in the forum. And, if you're really stumped you might just get that inspiration you need to get your doll going.

So, I will need all participants to pm me their address so I can forward it along at the appropriate time. Thanks everyone! and Happy Creating!

This will be a one for one swap. You make a doll that represents you as a PAOist (paper artist online) and will swap it for one of your PAOist friend's doll. If you can't stand to give up your doll, make one for yourself so when you get yours it will have a buddy.

Your doll does not have to "look" like you. It could represent the media you love to work with or activities you like to do. For example: I like to quilt, scrapbook, make cards, crochet, collage. My doll could be made from things that represent all of these or some of these.

It does not have to be all made out of paper, but should have some paper some where. Could even be carrying a paper purse. It can be flat or 3-dimensional, try to keep to a managable mailing size, but then again, that's what joints are for, right? ;) In post 7 there are some samples of artdolls from our last doll swap. Step outside of the box and let your imagination flow. Anything goes here!

Dolls go in the mail on Monday, March 2. Please don't be late. We would all like to have our dolls arriving within a day or two of each other.

PAOist Doll Swap List

Rachelle A received
Gwen G. A received
Pam (FL) A received
Annette A received
Christy A received
Luanne A forwarding
Pam P. A received
Judi A received
Holly A received
Gwen J. A received
Ink Pattie A received
Ruth Ann A received
Becky A received
Honey A received
Lisa A received
Neith A received
Yoli A received
Lanita A received
Debbie B. A received
Donna K. A received
Farley A received
Rinda A received
Dani A received
Julie A received

Please let me know if you need clarification or have any questions. I will try to make sure anything significant to the entire group gets added to this post.

Thanks for playing!
gwendols

Re: PAOist Doll Swap

Post by gwendols »

Me me!! I was just thinking about the art dolls we did earlier this year and how much fun I had with it.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Pam in FL

Post by Pam in FL »

I'm in!!!!! Sounds like fun.
tichwoli

Post by tichwoli »

Me please.

Take care of you
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Me too! and I like the really out there date
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Man! more swaps!!! lol

I'm in!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I'm going to pull some photos of our last artdoll swap. Feel free to post some examples here. I probably won't be able to get them all, but wanted to show some samples for people who've never done one before.
Attachments
P1010012.JPG
P1010012.JPG (56.29 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
DollsReceived_small.jpg
DollsReceived_small.jpg (35.21 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
100_2391_small.jpg
100_2391_small.jpg (16.84 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
ESIDER

Post by ESIDER »

I still owe Ink-Pattie hers from the summer... Wings Dollie somehow got lost or ran away with a guy or something...
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

ESIDER wrote:I still owe Ink-Pattie hers from the summer... Wings Dollie somehow got lost or ran away with a guy or something...
The mailman maybe? Whole new meaning to Mailorder Bride
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Me Me Me! I absolutely loved doing this last time and wanted to make more.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Christy! You crack me up!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

lol it's just my glittering personality (glittering because Ryleigh just opened a jar of Angel Dust art glitter and dumped all over me) :wtf:
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I'll play. I have never done one of these, but you guys are dragging me out of the pizza box cave. :)
Judi
ESIDER

Post by ESIDER »

ChristyB wrote:
ESIDER wrote:I still owe Ink-Pattie hers from the summer... Wings Dollie somehow got lost or ran away with a guy or something...
The mailman maybe? Whole new meaning to Mailorder Bride
That's cute! However, I don't think I can blame the mailman for this one. I am almost positive i didn't send it out because I didn't have enough envies or something. I know I sent yours and Maritza's but not sure about InkPattie's.

However, our house has been under remodeling construction since early May and A LOT of things have disappeared or been tossed - We are currently on our 2nd 20 yard dumpster in 3 weeks! Plus, there were those few months where I pretty much laid/sat around and did nothing so who knows what happened to poor Wings dollie. She was cute though... she had a little dragonfly brad on her stockings and a butterfly head!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Oh boy am I glad I wasn't a hardcore scrapbooker when my boys were that little. I can just imagine!