2012 Camp PAO-WOW art!

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
azemigh

Re: Horseback riding

Post by azemigh »

DH and I repurposed an old shower/laundry rack we found at the Goodwill the other day into an herb garden for the deck. If you want to see some step by step pics you can check it out on my blog. We planted strawberries, lettuce, rosemary, thyme, sage, ginger mint, italian parsley and a sprinkle of chive seed here and there. And we can move them around as the deck gets sun.
Attachments
DSC08849.JPG
DSC08849.JPG (102.4 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Monica

Birthday present challenge

Post by Monica »

In the spirit of giving, this challenge is about creating something to give to someone else. You can embrace the Art Abandonment movement, give it to a firnd, a coworker, a family member.... just create something to give to someone else!!

And in the spirit of giving, I've created this lovely card holder and set of cards for a random winner of this challenge. :mrgreen:

No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Birthday cards challenge

Post by Monica »

My favorite thing about celebrating my birthday is the cards I receive.... some are handmade, some are store bought, but they all make me smile. I've pulled out some of my favorite cards for you to use as inspiration. Some are made by me, some by fellow PAOers, some by a stamping group I used to belong to, but each makes me smile and inspires me. Each photo will have the requirements for that card challenge listed above it. When posting your card(s), please indicate which photo your inspiration came from (I'll number them too, okay?)

1. First up is embossing. I love the various looks that can be acheived with embossing folders. I'm only limited by time and my imagination!

2. Create a card using the cards posted below. Follow the basic sketch of the card, then embellish to your heart's content.

3. Different Point of View: Create a minimum of three different cards using the same element for each. In my case, I used the same bear stamp for all three cards.

4. Fussy-cutting. Create a fun floral card with some creative cutting & layering.

5. Purely random!! Pick one of the cards below and create a card based on it.

6. Create your own background! Using these cards as inspiration, creat a custom background for your card.

7.Glitter! Let's be honest, what says party more than GLITTER? Here are some examples of glitter to get you going....
pbp908

Re: Photography Class - paper scrapbooking

Post by pbp908 »

Can't believe I'm the only one posting here. So much inspiration on the web and on this site.

Sorry about the lousy photo - it's raining outside and dark in the house. I scraplifted this LO on the Pink Paislee site: http://www.pinkpaislee.com/img/JourneyMakenTake.pdf

As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for these photos. Not too sure about the way it turned out, but it is what it is.
Journey.jpg
Journey.jpg (185.52 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
aprilpzzl

Re: Birthday cards challenge

Post by aprilpzzl »

Thanks, Monica,

My mind immediately seized one w scraps that are one my table now! The embossed inchies were a no brainer since I had them left from the LO on Dad.

And, I needed a card for us to sign at church tomorrow for one of our elderly loved ones w cancer.
Attachments
Get Well.jpg
Get Well.jpg (78.36 KiB) Viewed 584 times
Monica

Re: Camp Mail - Art Journals

Post by Monica »

Here's my first art journal page! I fiddled about with gelatos and my waterbrushes to create this. The grayish spot where I stamped the phrase started out as dry-brush gesso painted over my first attempt to stamp my phrase using black paint, and since I was too impatient to wait I ended up with greyish gesso. :roll: Live and learn, right? :lol:
Monica

Birthday steampunk challenge

Post by Monica »

Yeah, I know, not a normal birthday theme, but I created a couple pieces of art that fall under this category and thought it would be a fun challenge. ;) And the real bonus? I'll be sending one of my ATCs on to a random winner, along with some bits and bobs to personalize it.

So, here's my sewing themed piece, pretty much scraplifted from a Compendium of Curiosities sample...

Two of the metal ATCs I made last night (my GF and I played with embossing folders, metal ATC blanks, AI, and my drawer of goodies).

This one will be the prize, along with a baggie of fun goodies to finish it off.
azemigh

Re: Birthday steampunk challenge

Post by azemigh »

Tomorrow is my anniversary and I decided to make a steam punk card for my hubby of 29 years. Thanks for the challenge, Monica!
Attachments
CardforRoger.jpg
CardforRoger.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 629 times
azemigh

Re: Birthday present challenge

Post by azemigh »

I was making a fabric bowl the other day for a cousin's upcoming wedding and had alot of scraps left from my patriotic quilt, so decided to make a bowl for my sister-in-law who is hosting a family gathering on the 4th of July.

the first one is the wedding gift.
Attachments
BowlforSethSara.jpg
BowlforSethSara.jpg (108.09 KiB) Viewed 558 times
BowlforBrenda.jpg
BowlforBrenda.jpg (102.58 KiB) Viewed 558 times
pat-czap

Re: Birthday steampunk challenge

Post by pat-czap »

A shamelessly ( :oops: ) simple LO of our local Milwaukee Ale House decor...which is all gears and such.

And a shout out to Rachelle for her wonderful card. Best wishes for your anniversary.
rsz_img_0531.jpg
rsz_img_0531.jpg (205.98 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
azemigh

Re: Painting Class

Post by azemigh »

Decided to get my twinks out today and play a little. then I saw this pretty poppy card on pinterest and remembered I had this poppy die so I ran some of that velvety red paper we got in A Study in Red through the big kick with that die. Was going to just put it away for future, but just kept going. Now I think I'll give it to my mom when I see her next week. She loves poppies. The bg paper is K&Co; bird stamp is a Tim Holtz.
Attachments
Poppies.jpg
Poppies.jpg (90.06 KiB) Viewed 443 times
mpizzazz

Re: Painting Class

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is my next ATC size painting attempt. This is the view from the desk where I sit and look out at the other houses on the street. One night the lighting was very dramatic with dark sky and the sun low in the sky just hitting the ends of a few houses and the tops of some trees. I think the sky still needs to be darker at the bottom.
Attachments
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3014.JPG (195.57 KiB) Viewed 430 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pugmom

Re: Postcards from Home - mail no later than 6/30!

Post by pugmom »

I received my wonderful postcard from Debbie today. Thank you so much -- it is beautiful! And it was wrapped in a very cool flag ribbon that I hope to incorporate into my birdcage, which has been a work in progress for a while now.

Thanks again, Deb.
postcard from Deb.jpg
postcard from Deb.jpg (55.44 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
aprilpzzl

Re: Technology Class - digital scrapbooking

Post by aprilpzzl »

I just wanted to play around w some digis. This is my first digi AJ page.
Used parts from Jessica Sprague, Divine Digital, and Club Scrap.

TFL
Attachments
AJ Home sm.jpg
AJ Home sm.jpg (107.63 KiB) Viewed 404 times
azemigh

Re: Technology Class - digital scrapbooking

Post by azemigh »

Wow, April! That's really cool!

Here's a pic of our anniversary dinner last night. We had a great day. This is a quick drop from Bon Appetit.
Attachments
Anniversary Dinner.jpg
Anniversary Dinner.jpg (104.97 KiB) Viewed 497 times