Blending Practice

troublesmom

Re: Blending Practice

Post by troublesmom »

So Marianne a quick question. You use calendar pages a lot do you actually remove them from the calendar or keep them in. I have a lot of them and thought about try my hand at something like this. I don't have any pan pastels, oils or those paintstiks so I don't have a clue what I could use. Maybe I'll have to pick up something to work with.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sorry I couldn't answer earlier, Cheryl, I couldn't get on PAO for several hours.
The quick answer is I do both. The calendar that the tulip and the daffodils were done on was an 8 x 8" calendar so a nice size for a book. I kept that all together and gesso'ed over some of the pages using stencils or just a brush. I've used almost all of the pages then cut out what I wanted to save and tossed others.

Big calendars like 12 x 12s, I usually take them apart and keep it all until I want to use it for something. Then I cut the pages down smaller or use them for reinforcing thinner paper. I've added some of those to the journals I made in the TTV class.

Use any paints, markers, crayons, inkpads, reinkers, etc. that you have around the house in your stash or for the kids to play with. Cut up paper and do collage.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I did pull a page out of one that I have. I used Gesso a couple of times, then got a couple of stencils and did some modeling paste. Now I need to let it dry and try and decide what to do with it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

great job, Marianne! I have to agree on the tulip!

:creating: