Ladies - Open Those Boxes!

azemigh

Re: Ladies - Open Those Boxes!

Post by azemigh »

And, check out that beautiful purple scarf she put in just because my favorite color is purple! And there's a 7 gypsies collage tray, and TH word bands, and perfect pearls, and a glittery R, and coordinations stack and more and more. It was a whole Christmas in a box. Thank you so much Sue, I can hardly wait to play.
Attachments
CreationsbySue.jpg
CreationsbySue.jpg (253.21 KiB) Viewed 436 times
AlltheLoot.jpg
AlltheLoot.jpg (220.77 KiB) Viewed 436 times
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Pam.... glad you didn't already have any of those goodies.... and.... I'll tell you a little secret about some of those things... especially the paper... Tuesday Morning store has been my friend this year... LOL.... I've bought a bunch of packs of paper for VERY low prices and I was glad to be able to share with someone else.... :-)

The trivet and coasters are tiles.... wish I had actually made sand casts... that would have been cool.... but... those tiles can be found in Lowe's .... and once stamped with Staz-on ink, you can hand-wash them and it won't come off... very cool stuff.. and I need to make some for myself!! But loved that I had the coffee stamps since you prefer coffee to tea... that made it a fun project!! And I'm glad they didn't break!!! Yay!!

I had to have some of the modeling paste too..... so I'll be trying it. as well. One store said you could purchase wheat paste powder and make your own modeling paste.... nope.... not at all the same... but now I'm set to do some papier mache if I so desire.... haha...

And... yippee.... now I'm going to go get my box and open it and see what goodies await!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Rachelle, I'm so glad you liked everything. Merry Christmas!

I got some fat quarters for myself, also, and even though I'm not a quilter, I want to try making some kind of wall hanging or incorporating them into altered art. I can see fabric squares becoming as much of an addiction as paper.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Lanita!! What a fun box full of goodies..... and hubby took photos as I opened everything... yay!!

TH Alcohol inks.... I just started playing with these.... decorating some diecuts from plastic packaging.... can't wait to do more!

My very own "nchoney" name plaque!!

Candles! We're staying home for Christmas - so those will make our kitchen island festive!

Stone-washed patterned photo mattes.... B&W daisies... those look fun!! and pearl accents...

This is perfect in my scraproom... and I've never had anything with my online name on it... thanks so much for all my gifts!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

pamcook wrote:My secret sister was Rachelle. She sent me a box of ephemera. All sorts of goodies to use in mixed media - even a treasure jar from Oregon! The handmade gift is a file folder book made of the most beautiful papers - all the pages are sewn. I wish you could all see it IRL. The cigar box is a brand my step-dad used to smoke!
Every bit of this will be put to good use - even the bubble wrap.
Thank you so very much Rachelle!
20121223_101622.jpg
So glad you will enjoy everything. The treasure jars are my new addiction and I just had to share. I will be cruising the antique stores again next summer for little treasures.
pugmom wrote: I got some fat quarters for myself, also, and even though I'm not a quilter, I want to try making some kind of wall hanging or incorporating them into altered art. I can see fabric squares becoming as much of an addiction as paper.
Sue, you don't know the half of it. My fabric stash got a 10 year head start on my paper stash and the paper is never gonna catch up!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Wow!!! It's been exciting seeing all the great things that have been in these boxes so far!!! I'm glad you enjoyed my gifts Debi!!! I'll be opening mine shortly...
nancine

Post by nancine »

Sue, I'm glad you liked it all. I had such fun making that canvas :D And I thought the little bottles would be right up your alley for altering or adding to something altered!
nancine

Post by nancine »

and now... the big reveal from my box! I had Christy as my SS, I sort of suspected it, as that was the return address, but wasn't quiet sure! Once I started opening all the tissue wrapped goodies I thought it must be Christy! Then I saw the cool canvas (it's really board stuff) and her signature!
I love all the goodies - lots of stuff I do not have. All the Ideology stuff, beads, wonderful stencils etc. I got one of those tim configuration boxes for my birthday so now I have items to use on it! Thanks so much it was great fun to open a box full of crafty wonders!
Attachments
DSCN4305.JPG
DSCN4305.JPG (187.67 KiB) Viewed 424 times
DSCN4304.JPG
DSCN4304.JPG (179.37 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm having technical difficulties here... for some reason the laptop and the camera are not wanting to play nicely together... so I switched to the other PC and and am waiting for the photos to download (I really needed to empty the card!!).
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Nancy, what are the blue things, bottom center in the second photo?

And, yes, those little bottles are perfect. I had a few from Club Scrap kits, but I used them and never replenished my stash.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Monica

Post by Monica »

And... photobucket is having issues..... *sigh*

Okay, screw it! Sorry for the large photos but at least they are posted!! (And as soon as I typed that, the darn thing started working :roll: )

I'm fairly certain my SS was Cheryl, based on what was in the box. ;)

This is what I saw upon opening the flaps... will be perfect for a mixed media project!

Directly underneath that was a baggie of glitter papers & diecuts!

Two gorgeous handmade ornaments, currently hanging on my tree, as well as some sparkly tulle and yummy lace!

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

LOL!
Those of us who love mixed media would have been happy receiving the contents of someone else's trash can!
:lol:
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

And.... photobucket conked out again. Grr. I will get these photos uploaded! I will!!!!!
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

:happywave: My secret sis is Pam Cook!!!! :happywave: As you may know I was lucky enough to get one of my presents from her early - the She Art workshop. The gifts she gave me all tie into that. :mrgreen:

First of all - everything in this box was gorgeous!!! The wrapping was amazing (even the chocolate bar was wrapped up)!!! The card is beautiful and Pam wrote me a really sweet note about the She Art girls.

more in the next post... :watchsanta:
Attachments
IMG_1323.jpg
IMG_1323.jpg (136.6 KiB) Viewed 400 times
IMG_1324.jpg
IMG_1324.jpg (120.71 KiB) Viewed 400 times
IMG_1325.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg (107.35 KiB) Viewed 400 times
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Pam sent me some of the Longaberger coffee. I'm really looking forward to trying it. I'm a big Longaberger fan, but haven't tried their coffee yet. Pam gave me two canvasses (one square and one long) and some rub-ons for the She Art. There was also a Scarlet Lime pen in there too. :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1326.jpg (110.05 KiB) Viewed 398 times
IMG_1328.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg (88.89 KiB) Viewed 398 times
IMG_1329.jpg
IMG_1329.jpg (106.09 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO