Ladies - Open Those Boxes!

pbp908

Ladies - Open Those Boxes!

Post by pbp908 »

Since I'm up at 0dark:30, I thought I'd start a thread for us. :lol: I'll open mine in a bit and post photos.
EDITED: Well, @#$%&! All of my camera batteries are dead. Now I have to wait before I open anything else. :angry48:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Re: Ladies - Open Those Boxes!

Post by ChristyB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

go ahead and share, as soon as the sun is up more I'll get pics of mine.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I got called into work @ 3:30 am, that's a rude wake up I tell ya!! I will have to open mine tonight or tomorrow. I will be working 16 hours today and I probably will crawl to bed when I get home!!! I didn't have time before I left for work, darn it all to heck! I knew I should have opened it earlier! :)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh Debbie, that bites!

Well, where there's a will, there's a way. I pulled out one of the big cameras, so excuse the shallow depth of field. Hard to get close up with them in low light.

First of all, when Debi said the box was crammed, she wasn't kidding! It weighed a ton and when I opened it I found out why! Debi, it's too too much! Thank you so much! And would you believe not a single solitary item that I already have???

First up (loved the narration on each package!) - Paper and overlays for Taw Caw Creek photos!
Creek Stuff.jpg
Creek Stuff.jpg (125.28 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
Don't forget those with paws!
Doggy Goodness.jpg
Doggy Goodness.jpg (164.89 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
Next up - Graphic 45 goodness! Aren't these girls lovely??
G45.jpg
G45.jpg (169.77 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
Pam P.

pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

A gorgeous sand cast trivet! I now have a little bit of Rodanthe here with me - can almost smell the salt and hear the waves!
Trivet.jpg
Trivet.jpg (144.36 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
I was having too much fun opening and forgot to take photos as I went, so this is a group shot. Modeling paste and knives, masks/templates, a TH die, fuzzy goodness (adhesive backed!), buttons, grungeboard, fibers, peppermints, sand cast thingies to go under my coffee cups (sorry, but the word for them has completely gone out of my head which is a scary scary thing to have happen) and a flash drive labeled for movie night that has me intrigued!
Last One.jpg
Last One.jpg (152.46 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Debi, just half of this box would have been an impressive gift! Thank you!
Pam P.

ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

This is my box. Marianne had the tough task of being my ss this year.

Those fingerless gloves are perfect...I'll be able to send Steve updates from Maya's soccer games without having to completely uncover my hands anymore (and Ry pointed out OMG they beautiful!"

I also had my own ribbon remover helping me.
I can't wait to use the bits and pieces in some upcoming works.
Attachments
ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg (297.32 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
ss2.jpg
ss2.jpg (265.44 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
ss3.jpg
ss3.jpg (268.1 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

more pics

and the paper...Ry suggested we use it immediately :lol: cause it's so pretty

Thanks Marianne
Attachments
ss4.jpg
ss4.jpg (307.45 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
ss6.jpg
ss6.jpg (249.83 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
ss5.jpg
ss5.jpg (197.13 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

What wonderful gifts you both received. Still dark here so I'll open mine when I have better light (if I can wait that long).
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

My Secret Sister is Monica. That WA return address was sort of a give away. So, you know what that means, extreme generosity!! My box was bulging with so much good stuff. It is all really too much as you can see in the photos but I will try very hard to use it all. So much of it is going to be perfect for my travel journals.
IMG_6835web.jpg
IMG_6835web.jpg (237.81 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
You can see how sunny it is here this morning. I finally took it all downstairs so I could see.
Handmade Gifts
Handmade Gifts
IMG_6857.JPG (246.27 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
Those wonderful intricate ornaments Monica has been making. I'm glad I get to see them up close.
Paper, album, flowers, labels, stickers
Paper, album, flowers, labels, stickers
IMG_6856.JPG (230.53 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
There is even a whole pack of Tim's resist papers in the Christmas assortment. Text papers, fancy labels, a beautiful gatefold fancy cut album

There will be a few more photos.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Moving right along:
Travel Themed Stuff
Travel Themed Stuff
IMG_6855.JPG (198.54 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Lots of good travel themed things for my journals, paper, cutouts, dimensional label things and little wooden transportation embellies. The little bicycles are going to be perfect pedaling through my Holland journal. I can't wait to add them.
Sprays, Mask, Chocolate, Distressing Tool
Sprays, Mask, Chocolate, Distressing Tool
IMG_6854.JPG (242.16 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
And the last photo-sprays, rubon gold, mask, flowers, folding cup, and THE distressing tool!!!!!!
AND three bars of Lindt chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm playing with my new toys today!
Thank you so much, Monica :happy94: :happy94: :happy94:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wonderful gifts! I'll be using mine later today, too. There's "A Proper Gentleman" in that G45 stack and we just got Adam's school photos. ;)

The word I forgot was "coasters." :wtf: This is starting to happen too frequently for my comfort.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

My secret sister was Rachelle. She sent me a box of ephemera. All sorts of goodies to use in mixed media - even a treasure jar from Oregon! The handmade gift is a file folder book made of the most beautiful papers - all the pages are sewn. I wish you could all see it IRL. The cigar box is a brand my step-dad used to smoke!
Every bit of this will be put to good use - even the bubble wrap.
Thank you so very much Rachelle!
20121223_101622.jpg
20121223_101622.jpg (174.85 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Pam, you're so funny. Rest assured, you're not alone - I forget what things are called all the time lately.

I guess I'm the only "westerner" that's up and about so far and I couldn't wait any longer - my package was calling my name.

My Secret Sister is Nancy Y. and I just love EVERYTHING she chose for me. Thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH, Nancy!!!!!!!

Here we go......I had to take a picture before I unwrapped because it was so beautifully done. The wrapping paper will be getting recycled into some art. (Oh, and apolgies to my secret sister. I HATE wrapping gifts, so I use alot of pre-decorated gift boxes).
Secret Sister Gift 1.jpg
Secret Sister Gift 1.jpg (106.82 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
A pad of mixed media art paper, foil tape sheets (very cool), and a 6x6 background template, which will get A LOT of use.
Secret Sister Gift 2.jpg
Secret Sister Gift 2.jpg (69.22 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
A box of See's chocolates (those won't last long :D ), Versa Magic chalk inks in beautiful colors, little spools of ribbon, a mister, and a drawstring bag with keys and miniature bottles. I love all of these and can't wait to use them.
Secret Sister Gift 3.jpg
Secret Sister Gift 3.jpg (77.35 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

And here is my handmade gift - a BEAUTIFUL holiday canvas. Thank you, Nancy. I love everything and can't wait to start using it all!
Secret Sister Gift4.jpg
Secret Sister Gift4.jpg (57.62 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

All I can say is Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Although my box had Christy's return address, my secret sister is Sue! And I think it was a bottomless box. I just kept pulling out cool stuff and a ton of new tissue paper. I was just saying this morning that my tissue paper stash had been decimated by all the gift wrapping the kids did and now I've been resupplied. :cool5: Where do I even start? Sue sent me a wonderful collection of alterable doodads (including this really neat alterable dress form) and a whole box of goodies to alter those doodads. She even got me one of the Spellbinders cut n fold dies and a package of fat quarters (so I'd have something for my sewing room?). And not one, but two beautiful Creations by Sue. An altered paint brush and altered cheese grater. Again, Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Thank you so much Sue, you really made my day.
Attachments
OpeningTheBox.jpg
OpeningTheBox.jpg (125.65 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
AlterableDressForm.jpg
AlterableDressForm.jpg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Alterables.jpg
Alterables.jpg (168.81 KiB) Viewed 1166 times