Further behind

troublesmom

Further behind

Post by troublesmom »

Seems like the more I get done the further behind I get. Family will be here from PA next week and I need to get the house decorated, buy the rest of the gifts for them, finish making the cookies I need to have done, finish up with my ATC's, my Christmas cards. Can someone give me a longer day!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am also sure I am leaving something off my to do list.

I do have 3 of the trees up, only 2 are decorated but I don't plan on leaving the house tomorrow or Saturday.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Re: Further behind

Post by Monica »

I'm just hoping to get the house picked up and cleaned this weekend so I don't have to do it Thursday morning before everyone arrives. :lol: I could use an extra day to get 3 absolutely have to be done projects completed @ work. I have one that was suddenly given to me today that has to be done before 3pm tomorrow and two that have to be done by Wednesday morning..... along with everything else that I normally do. :roll: Shoot me now!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh my.
We're going to Chris & Mandee's for Thanksgiving so it barely feels like the week before Thanksgiving for me. I enjoy the busyness of the season but it's much easier for us to travel than it is for them.

Joel's been home sick all week and I'm doing my best to cough up my lungs. Sure hope this is something we can laugh at by the time we leave for VA.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

Yikes Pam, I do hope you are both better by the time you leave!

I work half a day today - off to a wedding. It's at 4 pm and and hour and a half away. That's when there is NO traffic. On a Friday leaving the Bay Area to parts east (the valley where many live cause it's cheaper & to the mtns. for snow and fun) is always horrid traffic. Top it off with rain forecast, already a few sprinkles here. Who plans a wedding on a Friday at 4 pm? My DD and her BF will be coming home with us after the wedding, so yesterday I cleaned bathrooms and floors - the rest of the house is pretty clean so that's done.

We will have our Thanksgiving on Friday - so technically I have an extra day next week :lol:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam I hope you and Joel are feeling better.

Nancy have a safe trip.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Cheryl I feel you about getting further and further behind. It never ends! And every year it seems like I get less and less joy out of the season because every year it goes faster and there are more obligations and just no time to enjoy any of it. And then when it's all over and I realize that I didn't do half of what I would have liked (it's literally been YEARS since anyone in our house has baked Christmas cookies), I get depressed.

Good luck getting caught up - this time of year is rough on everyone to some extent, I think.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am trying to remember to take my time. Christmas cards, SS & ATC's can wait until after Thanksgiving to finish. With 2 of the little ones coming for next weekend I want them to see the decorations. I won't be rushed after that and will have time to get the rest done. I am probably finished all the baking I'm going to do for now.

I am sure you are correct Julie It is a rough time on many people.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO