I'm new, it's day 2!

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
Luanne

Re: I'm new, it's day 2!

Post by Luanne »

ya know..... it was totally personal! We were trying to keep you out! Just kidding.

It started because we wanted to do some testing, and see if everything to start was in place. Luly was on the phone with me when I opened my email, before it even started, so that's why she got there so fast. Then I was 'allowed' to invite a friend or 2 to help play around and see if it was working ok., So I invited someone who, little did I know, could keep a secret just as well as I could. At that point the cat was out of the bag, the frenzy started....BUT there was an online event going on. I specifficly asked people not to invite from there, but wait until the event was over.

Also, we looked for people we knew were upset, and might leave. We wanted to stay in touch before it was too late. THEN, we started thinking of the swappers. Really the frenzy was insane, and everyone way typing like mad with so much to say that my head started to hurt! NObody was intentionally left out. That said. not everyone got the 'memo' so if you see someone who is sad, or want to connect here, don't forget to 'invite' them. Use that friend's list...that's what friends are for!
Monica

Post by Monica »

You and our secret admin ROCK!!

I feel so great now... today was better than yesterday, which was so much better than Tuesday before I found my home here!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

InkPattie wrote:Dear Kellatio:

I felt the same way about not seeing my name AT ALL in those 5000 first posts. However, in exploring around that first night, I found my name elsewhere. Ms. Luanne was all over the place and everywhere she was, she was asking who else she should email. So you may have been mentioned BEFORE those 5000 posts...that's what I keep telling myself :wtf:
Oh IP I mentioned you!! :) Hugs
Cyndy

Post by Cyndy »

Hi Everyone! Wow! Things are really rolling here! I agree:
~this familiar format feels like home
~it's great to see the "gang" chatting away
~the dark side and dark chocolate ... YES!!!!

Consider: "She's a PAOist, I',m a PAOist, She's a PAOist; wouldn't you like to be a PAOist too?" (Think of the tune to the Dr. Pepper commercial) :D

Okay! I have a lot of reading to do!
Breathe everyone!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Cyndy wrote: Consider: "She's a PAOist, I',m a PAOist, She's a PAOist; wouldn't you like to be a PAOist too?" (Think of the tune to the Dr. Pepper commercial) :D

lol I LLLOOOVVEEEE it! lol
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Cyndy I like that tune too!

I'm still wanting to invite more, but not knowing how alot of people feel, I'm afraid to go over and grab an email or more, for fear that they might not like the invite.

I've put our PAO on my blog, not sure how many hits that gets, but hopefully more people will see it. I still peruse the cs chats and look for people I can remember were disgruntled.

I remember inviting one person, and haven't seen her yet, so I'm a little worried that she doesn't want to come over :(
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I did a PM to someone else that I hadn't seen here yet, and told her we found a new place for swaps, and to let me know if she was interested. I think it's fine to let people know who might be interested, but we all just have to be careful to stop short of "recruiting". Ya know? Because taking people away from the coffeehouse isn't the intention at all (at least, I never got that impression). I still check in at the coffeehouse when time allows, and wouldn't want to feel like someone was trying to pull me away from there entirely.

That said, I'm so glad I was told about PAO (though I don't think it was PAO yet.. LOL). I was definitely one of those who was all about the speed of this type of board. I could get in and out fast, which meant quick check-ins from work, and less time online at home and more time actually crafting. WooHoo!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Connie Lutz

Post by Connie Lutz »

Hi everyone - nancy Young passed on the info to me a couple of days ago - then I had to find it again.

I'm going through FFC crafter training - so I'm a bit busy. I'll check in and maybe "lurk" for a bit.

Connie Lutz