Let Freedom Ring

Cheryl Mixon

Let Freedom Ring

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Krisa and I were on FB and watching videos from Michael's Craftmasters series. It was kind of blah but they did have one idea that really could be fun. One of the gals used a birdcage. So Krisa and I were talking, maybe making it a patriotic theme and a play on the fact that it was a birdcage = freedom. Thinking maybe 4th of July deadline.

Anyway, here's the link http://www.michaels.com/CraftMasters/Kb ... aftmasters so that you can see what I'm talking about. Take a look and see if it's something that you'd like to participate in. I will offer a Ranger prize drawn at random. (and if you like this one, I already have another idea for end of summer)

If there's any interest, I can firm up details and would love to hear any suggestions for guidelines for this challenge.
Thanks!
ChristyB

Re: Let Freedom Ring

Post by ChristyB »

I'm intrigued :D
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

I'm excited, got ideas floating around already
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Hmmmmmmm..... :)
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thinking...

This is typically the kind of thing I avoid :lol: I am so lame at Big Crafts.

I will also say that had I been in that competition I would have wiped that smarmy smile off the face of the woman in the middle. :-o She was so obviously trying to psych the winner out. Not impressed with her piece either. The bird cage showed imagination and creativity.

I'll think some more on it. As you said Cheryl on FB, there are waaaaaay more talented people here on PAO than what Michaels dragged in. I'll allow that they only had 90 minutes to actually create...that is hard.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Farley,
About 'big' things....I saw a 'bird cage' candle holder either on Michaels or HL online store. Something like that may be an idea...or you can take the bird cage completely in another direction maybe? It doesnt have to be an actual birdcage. Let your imagination soar!

You know you want to play! ;)
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I'm thinking I like it! Sounds like a fun theme too!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Just saw the video, you have me trying to think about it Cheryl.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That video was really funny, I didn't even know Michaels had videos on their website.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am in. Loving the idea of a patriotic theme (to go with some of my patriotic rosettes from that "other side" and I'm a sucker for anything with a birdcage. I am starting to mull it over and looking forward to the final details.
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

If anyone has any suggestions for this challenge, I'd like to hear them. As far as I'm concerned, the fewer the 'rules' the better although there may need to be a few....like the theme and deadline....

We have plenty of time to roll ideas around in our heads and to collect what we may need to.

So far: a birdcage needs to be involved; theme: Let Freedom Ring; and is everyone okay with a July 4th deadline?

I'm so happy that I've gotten some people at least thinking about this! YoooooHooooo!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I'm fine with all of those things.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I've been cruising/googling decorative birdcages, finding some pretty cool items. So I will give this a try also. Thanks Cheryl for your encouragement.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Sounds like fun. Will we keep our own project or exchange with another person??
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Debbie,
Good question. I'm just wondering if mailing bird cages would be easy or not....but I'll go with the majority. (This is my first altered art challenge so I'm trying to put it together as I go)

I would love an exchange but .....

eta: I was thinking about this again. I know that the things I have in mind for mine include some things on the bottom of the cage and probably wouldnt survive shipping anywhere so I'm going to say that we keep our own. That way we can create something that maybe we can use during Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day celebrations or something that maybe would fit in our home decor.