2009 Camp PAO-WOW Artwork

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
pamcook

Re: Photography Class

Post by pamcook »

I just walked around our back yard with the camera. My camera is pretty amazing and I almost always us the auto or "anti-shake" mode. My favorite feature? The delete button. I can take photo after photo and not worry that I'm "wasting money". The thing I learned today - when you're taking close ups - pay attention to the backgrounds. Here are a couple of my favorites (unedited). I love the colors.
2009_0703Mar080013 (Small).JPG
2009_0703Mar080013 (Small).JPG (62.96 KiB) Viewed 918 times
Attachments
2009_0703Mar080010 (Small).JPG
2009_0703Mar080010 (Small).JPG (56.61 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I, too, took a walk around my yard today and snapped a few pictures. I'm definitely NOT the photographer of the family, but here's a few shots I got.

We're supposed to get storms this afternoon -- the clouds are already starting to roll in
clouds rolling in.JPG
clouds rolling in.JPG (43.81 KiB) Viewed 899 times
The view of Pikes Peak from my deck
Pikes Peak.JPG
Pikes Peak.JPG (41.47 KiB) Viewed 897 times
I can't remember the name of these flowers that I planted, but I really like them
flowers.JPG
flowers.JPG (75.21 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Wow, those distance shots are really bad - I need to spend a lot more time in photography class.

But, I do have one more to share.

THE HAPPY PUG!
pugsley.JPG
pugsley.JPG (49.84 KiB) Viewed 895 times
pamcook

Re: Painting Class

Post by pamcook »

I used the color palatte of one of the paintings for this layout. I'm sure I would have gone in a completely different direction with the colors if I hadn't seen the painting. Thanks for the inspiration!
My DGD is losing her "baby looks"...
2009_0703Mar080026 (Small).JPG
2009_0703Mar080026 (Small).JPG (44.55 KiB) Viewed 725 times
Pam Cook #48
Holly

Re: KP Duty

Post by Holly »

My daughter knows me all too well. When we craft together she saves her rejects and scraps for me. She will be so worried about me when she sees this.
I have taken trash collecting to another level. I cut out a flower group from the cover of the pack of paper and adhered it to my card. I added glitter to the flower centers and crackle finished the entire face of the card in order to hide the bent spots.
I know,I know. But if it is pretty I just can't throw it out. I think it turned out rather pretty. I lined the card with paper from the pack.
Attachments
100_1719 (Small).JPG
100_1719 (Small).JPG (47.2 KiB) Viewed 655 times
julierealtor

Re: Arts & Crafts

Post by julierealtor »

I helped to organize an Independence Day Tea Party that is happening tomorrow. Here are a couple of items I made for it...arts & crafts :D
Attachments
DSCN0671 (Small).JPG
DSCN0671 (Small).JPG (28.99 KiB) Viewed 825 times
DSCN0669 (Small).JPG
DSCN0669 (Small).JPG (30.46 KiB) Viewed 824 times
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

You ladies rock! :cool5: :cool5: :cool5:

I have an entry... hope it qualifies...
I cut out stars to use as a template to make the glitter outlines, but then reused the white sides of a couple of the stars as little journaling tags.
Attachments
Chris Kellogg grad small.jpg
Chris Kellogg grad small.jpg (195.96 KiB) Viewed 639 times
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Great job, everyone - so much creativity.

Here's one more ATC for the recycle category. I used a piece of plastic netting from a frozen turkey breast. This is me a long, long time ago.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (72.3 KiB) Viewed 631 times
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

I've been playing in Arts and Crafts this morning, and remembered a photo of my Dad that seemed perfect for a tribute on this 4th of July!
Attachments
Lieutenant K R Minert small.jpg
Lieutenant K R Minert small.jpg (103.72 KiB) Viewed 799 times
rinda

Re: Campfire singalong

Post by rinda »

Only vaguely related, but I wanted to post a spoiler for my altered art object for Ruth Ann, and it seems to fit this thread. I altered a harmonica with alcohol inks and some pictues I took in Paris.
Thanks for looking
Rinda
Attachments
alteredharmonica.jpg
alteredharmonica.jpg (99.15 KiB) Viewed 665 times
rinda

Re: Horseback riding

Post by rinda »

Finally made it out to the riding stables. I made a page for my altered book swap. The theme was wishes, and I went with the lyric, "If wishes were horses . . ."
Thanks for looking.
Rinda
Attachments
gabwishback.jpg
gabwishback.jpg (61.97 KiB) Viewed 771 times
gabwishfront.jpg
gabwishfront.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 771 times
rinda

Re: Camp Cabins

Post by rinda »

It seems like this is the place to post a evening prayers, so I'm posting an altered book page I completed today. The theme was "The Strength of Angels," and I built it around the child's prayer: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, bless this bed that I lie on. Four corners to my bed, four angels round my head; one to watch, and one to pray, and two to bear my soul away."
It uses angel clip art a friend sent from Slovenia and antique glass glitter.
Rinda
Attachments
gabangelfront.jpg
gabangelfront.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 745 times
gabangelback.jpg
gabangelback.jpg (53.06 KiB) Viewed 745 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

In 1794, when Congress appropriated $15,000 for relief of French refugees who fled from insurrection in San Domingo to Baltimore and Philadelphia, James Madison stood on the floor of the House to object saying, "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
-- James Madison, 4 Annals of congress 179 (1794)

And to the best of my knowledge, there still isn't anything in the Constitution that grants Congress that right.

God bless America and those who have served so bravely. This one is for Cheryl Henderson and Beth Rich and Lanita and all of the other wonderful women who served so nobly and unselfishly!
img329.jpg
img329.jpg (148.88 KiB) Viewed 694 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I walked around the neighborhood looking at patriotic displays this weekend. There's an older couple, one of whom uses a scooter, who lined the street in front of their house with small flags. That's patriotism, to work through physical challenges to put out the flags! Digi quick page from July Scrapper's Guide kit, In Pursuit of Liberty by Michelle Coleman.
2009_July_4thSm.jpg
2009_July_4thSm.jpg (154.97 KiB) Viewed 641 times
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Well the fireflies didn't happen because I didn't get out at dusk all weekend. But I did find this bee in the neighbor's flowers and saw wonderful fireworks after the ball game. I used my good digi this weekend instead of my little everyday digi.
IMG_0097Sm.jpg
IMG_0097Sm.jpg (120.41 KiB) Viewed 846 times
IMG_0074Sm.jpg
IMG_0074Sm.jpg (111.33 KiB) Viewed 844 times
IMG_0283Sm.jpg
IMG_0283Sm.jpg (127.42 KiB) Viewed 841 times