Creative Chemistry Day 6

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Creative Chemistry Day 6

Post by Monica »

Woo hoo! :greenbounce: It's Distress Markers day!! :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce:
I already know I love these. but I can't wait to see what Tim does with them. :creating:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Re: Creative Chemistry Day 6

Post by pamcook »

I really like the look of the third tag - it's going to be interesting to see if I can make mine look like that. My stash of Distress Markers is tragically small but I think I chose colors I'll use often. I might even try these techniques with my other markers just to compare the results. They've been just taking up space for years. This could be their last hurrah.

OMG - I just read Day 6 questions...seriously? It's still the same old questions over and over again. Obviously, some folks aren't getting the chemistry of it all... I think Tim is getting very good at replying, "I answered that question on day..." or "That information was covered on day..." Those replies are much better than what I would come up with! :D My favorite is still the "If I do this and this and this with non-Ranger products - what will happen?"

Yes, I'm feeling very snarky. I want to be home playing instead of in a cubicle (yes - sitting in said cubicle earns me enough money to buy supplies to play with - it's a vicious circle...).
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I agree... it *is* a vicious circle!!

Yeah, Tim has the patience of a saint or something like that.... way more than I would have! By day 2 I would have sent out a special email to all participants, saying in big bold letters that I cannot answer questions about non-Ranger products! I think those same people are ignoring the whole "experiment with what you have and see what happens" part of the class......
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Unfortunately I have none of Tim's markers and have no plans to purchase them. (Please please please don't do too much enabling!) (Of course, I was also the one who wasn't going to buy any Distress Stains. Famous last words.) I'm going to experiment with what I have and if it makes a mess, so be it. :lol:

Wish I could go home to play.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

*sigh* I couldn't help myself. I nicely scolded some b*tchy :censor: people who were whining about the markers still not showing up when they per-ordered in February. Geez! Some people really need to take a chill pill (HS coming out again). I feel sorry for poor Tim as they are yelling at him for their markers not being delivered. DH works at an Airplane manufacturing company and I know from him that a production line can only move so fast.... and I'm sure Ranger is moving as fast as they can.

I'm learning so much and really enjoying this class, but I really want to slap a few of those gals upside the head with a 2X4. KWIM? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Monica wrote:*sigh* I couldn't help myself. I nicely scolded some b*tchy :censor: people who were whining about the markers still not showing up when they per-ordered in February. Geez! Some people really need to take a chill pill (HS coming out again). I feel sorry for poor Tim as they are yelling at him for their markers not being delivered. DH works at an Airplane manufacturing company and I know from him that a production line can only move so fast.... and I'm sure Ranger is moving as fast as they can.

I'm learning so much and really enjoying this class, but I really want to slap a few of those gals upside the head with a 2X4. KWIM? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right there with ya!! I do not have any patience for "stupid"!!!! Oh, wait----I don't have patience at all!! :roll: :roll:
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I signed up today!!!!!

Looked at a few of the videos of the last few days.

Thank goodness we have access to all info long after the class has ended, as there is much to see and learn.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

I'm signing up on Friday ;)

...and by the sounds of it, the chat/question area is going to be a hoot! :lol:
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's wonderful to have lifetime access to the videos. There's a ton of information and as much as I think I'm getting it - I know I'll refer back to them over and over again. The techniques I get but the science behind it all is what I want to learn and the science will be the most difficult for me to retain.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

None of you who are signing up for it wil lregret it.... it is definitely well worth the $$!!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

..and in case anyone is wondering, I think someone asked this: Yes, you can join after the class closes, you can register for any of the closed classes, they remain on there for purchase, I emailed and asked them.
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm not reading the questions unless I have one myself and want to see if he's already answered it. I just don't have any patience with stupidity.
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm loking for answers to questions I have and in skimming see the stupid questions. Someone else yelled at them too, and another gal called them little children throwing a temper tantrum.... so I'm not the only one irritated with the children. ;)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Couldn't help myself, but I didn't go Tawanda on them. I nicely told them to substitute and maybe they'd learn something about the supplies that they already have.

I was only able to watch the intro video here at work. Unfortunately my boss came back from lunch. ;)
Pam P.

EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I haven't gone into the Q & A
section yet. Last week in the evenings
I was working on my pages for the CS PSL
and in the morning before work, viewing
the classes. Now, I'll be able to go back
and spend some time on the techniques,