Creative Chemistry Day 4

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Creative Chemistry Day 4

Post by Monica »

.... just so Marianne doesn't wonder.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

They were late getting the videos up, so I was only able to print out the pdf this morning.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Re: Creative Chemistry Day 4

Post by jmp1022 »

Tim was saying on his blog that this class has overwhelmed him a little.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Today's videos are really good! I feel like a broken record but I've learned so much. Part of what I'm learning is what supplies I will actually use - and how to get a similar effect from supplies I have without needing it "all".
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

jmp1022 wrote:Tim was saying on his blog that this class has overwhelmed him a little.
Given the zillions of questions being asked each day, I can certainly believe it! I have to laugh at some of the questions, though, as they were answered in previous days' videos.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Exactly why I wouldn't make a good teacher. I've sat through too many classes with too many over-achiever students who are so focused on asking questions that they can't hear/absorb any information.
I had to chuckle at people asking him questions about non-Ranger products. Even though he has said, "I represent Ranger."
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

All the questions about various inks from non-Ranger companies make me want to thump people upside the head. Most of that informaiton is either on the pad itself or the website, and if not then email the company! To test for water-based is like the easiest test in the world.... if a watercolor pen smears the ink, then it's water-based! Idiots!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica wrote:All the questions about various inks from non-Ranger companies make me want to thump people upside the head. Most of that informaiton is either on the pad itself or the website, and if not then email the company! To test for water-based is like the easiest test in the world.... if a watercolor pen smears the ink, then it's water-based! Idiots!
Tell us what you really think Monica! :lol:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

pat-czap wrote:
Monica wrote:All the questions about various inks from non-Ranger companies make me want to thump people upside the head. Most of that informaiton is either on the pad itself or the website, and if not then email the company! To test for water-based is like the easiest test in the world.... if a watercolor pen smears the ink, then it's water-based! Idiots!
Tell us what you really think Monica! :lol:
Who, me??? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm innocent I tell ya... I was framed!! :tomato:

At least I only voice my unvarnished :censor: thoughts here.... ;)
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I'm up to Day Four Video Two and I gotta say this is the best $35 craft money I have ever invested in a class. And to think we have access to it forever.

No more trolling YouTube for someone to talk to me while I'm lonely at my craft table. I can watch T!m every night.

I have started a shopping list. Ink Refresher. And I think I will get some Adirondack pigment and archival pads. I have neither. All of my pigments are Colorbox. Mostly dried up old Petal Points.

Excited.

Have not been to Gallery or Forums. I'll bet those SU gals are flaming about storing their pads upside down.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:lol:
The old wives' tale... "Store those ink pads upside down!" I love it!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote::lol:
The old wives' tale... "Store those ink pads upside down!" I love it!
Well, you know it makes sense with gravity exerting its force on everything...until he did the sponge trick! So simple!

Jen, love your comment about the dried up old petal pads. I have two of them left from when I first started stamping in the late 90s. I loved the versatility of those things! And have used the Refresher on them loads of times. On my bottle it says it can be used on pigment pads but it's so old maybe they've changed the formula by now.

And Monica, I think some people ask stupid questions just because they want to be included and get his attention.
We would never do that, would we? :cool5:

Is anyone going to do the self-inking pad? I should do it since I finally got the right stuff-felt, not foam-to do it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

my ink pads go unside down when closed.
I was always told to store the water based ones that way
the oil based another way
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

So I wasn't going to do this, but y'all are making me want to see it! So, next week I'm going to join... after my debit card gets here, it was "compromised" this week and I had a charge (thank God only $19.95) so I'm cardless until my new debit card gets here... but now hearing you all makes want to see what Tim's doing... :D
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Monica

Post by Monica »

Theresa, you won't regret it!!!

I've stored my inkpads (dye and hybrid) upsaide down for so long that I'd have to relabel everything to store them right side up. I'm not going to obsess about it, but it's nice to know why it never really made a difference.

Marianne, re: the ink refresher, Tim siad in the video that it can be used with any water-based pad... pigment or dye... so there's no reason that you can't continue to use it on your Petal points. I purged the 6 or so sets of those I had during my reorg, so no more of those for me! Ranger was my first ink love (DH thought I was nuts because I bought every Adirondack pad available in the late 90s... in the space of about 4 months... and then all the reinkers!) and I'm finding myself going back to them almost exclusively, so I'll be re-evaluating my inkpads again in a few months.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

You darned enablers. I signed up and I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Re storing the ink pads upside down or right side up. Don't know if any of you remember or not, but a few years ago I emailed Tim and asked how his should be stored and he told me it makes no difference how you store any of them. I've stored all of mine right side up ever since and had no problems at all. Love those old wive's tales. (Especially since I'm an old wife!)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com