Creative Chemistry Day 4

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Paula

Re: Creative Chemistry Day 4

Post by Paula »

I like how those turned out!! I don't know if I would be able to make my own stamp. Seems kind of detailed for me. You did a great job, but I guess the question is, would you do another one?
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great tag, Marianne!! I haven't done a new custom pad yet, but I did make one a couple years or so ago for the 12 tags of Christmas and it was kinda cool. I'll have to see what I want to try it with this time, as almost all of my WM stamps are boxed and waiting for me to UM them. I may have to use one of the collection of Tim stamps! (oh no! Not that! :tomato: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Paula wrote:I like how those turned out!! I don't know if I would be able to make my own stamp. Seems kind of detailed for me. You did a great job, but I guess the question is, would you do another one?
It really doesn't take long at all, Paula, I only used about 4 or 5 colors since I have so few reinkers. tim's demos usually are much more detailed with lots of colors. sure, I would do another one. I've always wanted to do one for Christmas cards. Maybe this year.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I made the snowman one a few years ago. I haven't checked on it lately but I know it's dry.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Jill - try spritzing it with water to see what happens.
Did you use Distress Inks?
Let us know - I love experiments, can you tell?
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I made it when Tim did it on the forum and CS sold the card kit. 5 yrs maybe
It was distress inks
I'll try to spray it
It will try it soon just not doing the tags yet.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have to decide which stamp I want to try this with. It took me awhile to locate the felt stuff last time, so I bought 2-3 packages once I found it; plenty to make as many custom pads as I want!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
nancine

Post by nancine »

Mary Jo McGraw runs hers through the washing machine to clean them up - the "stamp pads" that is! Works great.
Ofcourse they are stained. I put mine in a lingerie bag.

I have that stamp with the flower and lady too! It's a cool stamp.

I keep my made stamp pads in a ziplock bag and they keep for a good long while... don't know about 5 years tho!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

nancine wrote:Mary Jo McGraw runs hers through the washing machine to clean them up - the "stamp pads" that is! Works great.
Ofcourse they are stained. I put mine in a lingerie bag.

I have that stamp with the flower and lady too! It's a cool stamp.

I keep my made stamp pads in a ziplock bag and they keep for a good long while... don't know about 5 years tho!
Great tip! Dark load or light? :lol: :lol:
I will say it is taking forever to dry. I have it sitting on a windowsill where the sun will shine on it, no sun yesterday, but maybe it will be dry by Friday when I get home.

Do you get that stamp to stamp the flower? It's always been a problem so I have cut it up and am done with it. I think I saved the part with the woman reclining. Is it the Lady of Shalott?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Monica

Post by Monica »

Okay, here are the two tags I've done for Day 4... still need to do that custom inkpad. I loved the watercoloring with reinkers!! I caved and ordered the palette (along with some brighter shades of Archival). I'm not super happy with the second tag, but that's due to my color choices for the misting. I'll be trying this one again with different colors. Now I just need ot make that custom pad and I'll be done through last Thursday..... :tomato:

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I like them both, Monica. As a background, the second one is fine. You are just not used to leaving something like that. You wouldn't leave a finished tag like that but these are just samples of techniques.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thanks, Marianne. I think you're right on that second tag; I kept wanting to add things and embellish and I kept telling myself it was a technique tag and not supposed to be finished. Once I have my ring of tech tags I can see myself going back and creating something using each technique.
nancine

Post by nancine »

mpizzazz wrote:
nancine wrote:
Do you get that stamp to stamp the flower? It's always been a problem so I have cut it up and am done with it. I think I saved the part with the woman reclining. Is it the Lady of Shalott?
Yes, but if I remember correctly you really need good pressure. Or perhaps some padding underneath if it's unmounted. I'm going to dig it out and try it again... it's been awhile! I'm not sure who it is ;)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I've tried it all with that stamp and always been frustrated. I usually put some padding under any paper where I am using an unmounted stamp especially if I have taken off the cushion.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

If I have one that doesn't give me a great impression, I generally pull out the brayer and roll it all over the stamp. Seems to help, and the brayer gets the dust knocked off of it that way.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com