Gauntlets by Neith Juch

neith

Gauntlets by Neith Juch

Post by neith »

Club Scrap Digital Demo Kit Let Me Count The Ways 2/06;

To create this layout, I used the template from the and new Free Digital Demo Kit and chose my own papers, altered the sizes and layer styles of each element, and added inked edges to the two main papers.

We've been working hard on donations for the church fair! I coordinated and ran projects with the youth group to create a number of items to sell, made more goodies on my own, and worked with my kids to create even more! These gauntlet style gloves were inspired by both Selena Gomez's character in Wizards of Waverly Place and the clearance children's knitting machine that we found and have made tons of knit tubes from! (Note that the gloves will actually sell in matched pairs, but I needed to take a sample photo to display!) The kids probably cranked out about half of the gloves and I stitched thumb holes into them... we're also donating some cards, gift bags, crochet produce bags, and amigurumi catnip treats! Wish us luck with the sales tomorrow!
Luly

Re: Gauntlets by Neith Juch

Post by Luly »

Neith! Oh my goodness! I love the layout but the Gauntlets are adorable! So nice.
Luly

Post by Luly »

Oh, I am gonna go visit the CS site, I want that Digi kit!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Maya would kill for a pair of those (she loves Wizards of Waverly--last I saw she had cut of the toes on a pair of socks)
neith

Post by neith »

Thanks! Since my kids are extremely small, they are all too big for them! sebek's hands are a little bigger, so I had him wearing the child's large gloves (yes, the lavendar and hot pink, gotta love him for going along with it in a light weight shirt outside in the cold, twice cause he made the first batch so blurry!) and the girls are wearing the small/medium that would actually fit him perfectly! The gloves are really fun and the kids have gotten a lot of attention with their own pairs so we're hoping that these will sell! I made the wrist length, mid forearm, elbow, and one that's even longer!

Oh, here are the catnip birdies, but I realized it doesn't show the shape of their bodies... I'll make more later and take better pics ;) Based on Caroline's Birds at http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/birds.html but I changed up the wings, playing around with them, and skipped the eyes, plus I added the catnip :)

neith

Post by neith »

ChristyB wrote:Maya would kill for a pair of those (she loves Wizards of Waverly--last I saw she had cut of the toes on a pair of socks)
Tell me her size and if it hasn't sold I'll send one right away, if not we can surely make some! You said it first ;) If I make them, measure her hand across the lower knuckles and at its widest and tell me how long you want it and how big it needs to be at the end :)
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Those are great! Gabby just went nuts! (We're WOWP fans here too.)
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Neith, how did you get your knitting machine to work?? mine keeps jamming!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Those Guantlets are so cool. They are VERY popular here. You page is amazing. I really like the inked edges.
neith

Post by neith »

This is the machine we have http://www.kidsurplus.com/itemDetail-it ... h-true.asp the Sew Easy Knitting Machine from Imagine Nation

I don't put that top basket handle like thing on it and don't use their feeder, left that off and we just feed by hand, works much better! If it goes wonky without you having missed a hook then you usually just have to gently pull your work down.

I had a nightmare of a time trying to do a scarf on it and just gave up and did tubes only for now :)

And... thank you guys!

Now if I can only get my photo printer to work with this laptop then I can print a sign I made from the layout, plus a 2 inch wide right margin with details about them and the dotted lines from the surf's up stamp/transparency bordering it on top and bottom...

sniff.. the little birdie catnip toys are only going for $1 at the church fair... I think they should be at least $2 it's an hour straight of crochet and just such an amazine shape when you hold it in your hnd... the breast of the bird is so well formed as is the area on the back of the neck where it joins the back, etc, etc.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

On etsy you can get at least $5! Animal lovers love personal stuff for their pets. By the way....why don't you etsy??

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php? ... at+crochet
neith

Post by neith »

I will after FFC, I'm sure :) I think I can with crochet items, but I have to be sure? At first I thought you were referring to the knitting machine... I got the first for $10 but it was too hard to share the workload, so right before thanksgiving they had an extra 50% off kids clearance and we got them for $5... but they include 4 skeins of glittery eyelash fiber also! we made some gloves already with them as parts of birthday gifts :)
neith

Post by neith »

The little tent card sign is completed and folded to go... I managed to salvage 9 of the ornaments that the youth minister made with the kids (way too much paint, many are still full of wet paint from 2 weeks ago and then someone helped clean up and threw away all of the little wire toppers for them)... I stole 5 wire tops from new unused glass ornaments and used 16 gauge steel and washers to make toppers for 4 others, need to hot glue them down at the church tomorrow, blech... so I went through 10 clear unused ball ornaments and swirled away with alcohol inks, perfect pearls, glue and glitter, etc... they aren't perfect by any means, but hey at least there will be some there without smelly wet paint in them ;) I'd never made them and she had, so I went with whatever she said, and only this evening found out they were all in a useless state in her office... will have to figure out a good set of instructions to use with kids and do that next time! We've got almost 10 squash books and aboue 15-20 decorate paper lunch bag/envelopes that are folded up and wallpapered with printed xmas papers, etc and I don't know how many laminated bookmarks, hopefully they'll bring in some money that the kids earned for the church. I'll wind up there most of the day tomorrow and have packed a bag with cotton yarn for me to crochet produce bags from and a bunch of different decorative yarns so Uatchet/Nekhebet can work on more gauntlet gloves and do them to order ;)
neith

Post by neith »

duh i went through saving the signage at a websize (printed as a 4x6 photo) and forgot to post it... i am tired

neith

Post by neith »

They were buried at the table and at one point nowhere near other gloves but off with the laminated greeting cards turnes placemats... so I moved them, checked on them and put the sign back on top, then 2 sold as I handled them, one girl bought and wore hers, selling the rest of them, I had to finish stitching up the sides on one of the small hand knit and stopped a girl to check the size for the thumb hole... before I finished, she was back with cash in hand wanting to buy that pair... then as I pulled the machine to make another... all the girls 6-15 started to show up and I have orders for 17 more pairs! One other mom tried the machines to help and immediately broke my two spare machines... her father in law with try to fix them, but I'm not letting anyone but myself and my kids handle them... a few kids had the machines before and all said that theirs broke or they couldn't get it to work.... so whatever it is, it works just for my household, it seems!

off to take uatchet shopping and for dinner since she worked with me over and over again from 9am-2:30 pm! at the youth fellowship table, and she's not old enough for it, but she helped teach the projects to the kids :) sebek's the one in it but he's too unruly to take along!