Valentine "Letters" ATC Swap; LOTS OF NEW SPOILERS!

Cathy

Re: Valentine "Letters" ATC Swap; LOTS OF NEW SPOILERS!

Post by Cathy »

And here is Monica's T. So super sweet these ATC's. I love shrek! Monica - that tangerine "bubbled" paper is so cool! Very nice! Cathy:)
PS - Thank you for the card & extra. What does that mean - plant the handmade paper and watch it bloom. You mean put the handmade paper in dirt???????
Attachments
Monica.jpg
Monica.jpg (21.98 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Here is Lanita's E. What a wonderful idea you had here! I really like it!
Cathy:)
Sorry that the scan washed out the photo! I tried it twice. The pic is gorgeous IRL.
Attachments
Lanita.jpg
Lanita.jpg (31.4 KiB) Viewed 583 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

OOOHHH Cathy did she give you handmade paper with seeds in it????
those are so much fun.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Yes, I believe so!
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Mine went postal today. I expect you should receive them by Tues. or Wed.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Cathy wrote:Here is Farley's A. Simply outstanding! Would love to know how you created those letters! (She used five different fonts for her "a"s on her atc's). Love the backgrounds too. Oh do tell how you made them! Fabulous!
PS - Thank you for the extra! :)
Cathy, thank you! The letter A was a breeze thanks to my having on hand Tim's Grunge alphabet. Some of the As came from one single sheet and then I found a few more from another grunge set of elements that also included an alphabet. So I ended up having enough A's of one font or another. I inked each A in Distress Ink Worn Lipstick then embossed with UTEE pearl. The first one I did I held my heat gun too close and it bubbled. I liked the effect so I did them all that way. Then I added some more Worn Lipstick on top.

The background base is a manila tag cut just a smidge smaller than an ATC size. I crumpled up the tag, dragged Worn Lipstick over it, spritzed with water, blended the ink a little then ironed with craft iron. I love the "tie dyed" look that produces. Stamps are Italian Script letter and a Paula Best Heart.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Wow Farley! Absolutely amazing work on these ATC's. Thanks for sharing. The girls are going to "scream" when they get these!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I am SO looking forward to having these in my hands!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Cathy wrote:And here is Monica's T. So super sweet these ATC's. I love shrek! Monica - that tangerine "bubbled" paper is so cool! Very nice! Cathy:)
PS - Thank you for the card & extra. What does that mean - plant the handmade paper and watch it bloom. You mean put the handmade paper in dirt???????
The bubbled paper is simply some POPs that I embossed with the bubbles folder and a Cuttlebug.... thought it looked suitably "Shrek"ish. DH & I love Shrek, and I wanted to capture a tender moment from there for my ATCs. I was leaning towards a Disney princess at first, but then I thought Shrek and that was it! The hardest part was deciding how to spell true love on the card.... I went through every alpha sticker sheet I had from CS to get enough letters! Lolz!

Yes, you open the front panel and plant the handmade paper with a thin layer of soil on top, and soon you should see some flowers sprout! I believe that was from a mix of wildflower seeds, so I have no idea what may bloom.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I am just itching to get my hands on these ATCs. I love the incredible variety of styles, techniques and themes. Such a talented bunch you all are.

Monica, when I saw yours I realized that you must have used a Cuttlebug and I really got excited. I'm having so much fun with mine. Don't be surprised if the next few ATC swaps have CB'd backgrounds or elements on them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

It's not actually my cuttlebug.... my bf owns it... but she brings it over when we have a play date. ;) I am seriously thinking of getting one, though... if only so I have it handy right when I want to use it!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
rinda

Post by rinda »

Here's a spoiler of my "N" for love Note. I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow, and Cathy should receive it on Tuesday or Weds., since she lives close. I might be the last one in the door!

I stamped the N postage stamp from TYWL font um, masked it and stamped my new french script over it to create the background. Stamped a cute little cupid mailman on white, cut him out and added him, as well as a blingy heart.

Thanks for looking,
Rinda
Attachments
valentineNatc.jpg
valentineNatc.jpg (85.25 KiB) Viewed 496 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Rinda that is drop dead terrific! I just checked to see if we are in the same group and :cry: we're not...sigh.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Thanks for sharing Rinda - and yes, it will take just a hop, skip and a jump to arrive here. I'll let you know when they do!

All ATC's should arrive to me by the end of this week girls! I'm excited to share your beautiful work.

Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Oooh la la - I got Bobbie's & Lynn's (Hasmom) ATCs today. Fabulous work! Will post spoilers shortly! Need to pick up dd from school and get some groceries!