Winter 2012 CHA Timmy stuff

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Winter 2012 CHA Timmy stuff

Post by Monica »

Tim started his sneaks today. http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2 ... .html#more The only things that grab me are the newest florals die and the pads of paper cut to fit the Sizzix dies (I hated cutting through 12x12 sheets for little bits and pieces during the 12 tags).

What do you all think? :anyone:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Re: Winter 2012 CHA Timmy stuff

Post by ChristyB »

do like the floral die, everything else ehhh
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Is the floral die the same as Tattered Florals but just different sizes?
I like the idea of the embossing folder (can't remember the name).
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Pam, from his description I'd say yes, but with the addidiont of holes in the center of each flower for brads and such.
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Luv the On the Edge die. A must have!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have to say that none of it grabs me. I am so happy about that :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

today's sneak is up: http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2 ... .html#more

Why is it I want/need pretty much everything today? I love the 2 alphabet sets, especialy the inside out one (reminds me of Mirror Mirror from CS and I love those UM alphas). And those texture fades.... and another size of tag... I need DH to win the lottery or something!!

OT: the little tie clip that he had with the tag is called a Kwik Lok and they are made in Yakima! http://www.kwiklok.com/kwik-lok-history.php Now you all know a Trivial Pursuit stumper question. ;) I used to scrap with a couple ladies who work there. I didn't even know those thingies had an actual name! It was the equilvalent of finding out that the doodad on the end of a shoelace was made locally (no, it's not... and I have no idea what those are called). I wonder if Tim knows this? :mrgreen:
nancine

Post by nancine »

I like the alphas to for some reason.

You mean those bread-bag closer things? Tie clip is that it?!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Whoo hoo! My vast knowledge of useless information is finally paying off. The thing on the end of your tennis shoelace is an aglet.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Those little tags are made in Yakima? Well, God bless America. Just think of how many of those a household goes through in a year.

I think I might need the larger font and maybe that harlequin die. Love the texture fades!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

nancine wrote:You mean those bread-bag closer things? Tie clip is that it?!
Yep, that's exactly what I mean! :)
pbp908 wrote:Whoo hoo! My vast knowledge of useless information is finally paying off. The thing on the end of your tennis shoelace is an aglet.
See? Now I learned something today!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

oh no I can't look, I'll want to buy!
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I knew about the aglet too, thanks to a Phineas and Ferb episode dedicated to that little doodad. :D

I really like that flower die, but what's irritating is that it's useless to me in a thin die, and it looks like it's one of those thinner ones. I have similar enough shapes available through my cricut carts for cutting paper. But I'd be all over it if it was in a regular die (original or bigz), because of the types of materials those can cut. I could envision cutting all kinds of fabric flowers out with those dies, or felt or even foam, but I've never had luck trying to get through anything but the thinnest of stuff with the thin dies. Sigh... I guess I won't be needing any of it.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Julie, that's my one complaint with those longer thinner dies. I'd gladly pay more for a thicker steel rule die of the same thing so I can cut whatever I want. That's my biggest frustration with the vintage lace and the two greenery ones... I'd like to be able to cut chipboard, crunge and thicker cardstock! I just got the tattered florals movers & shapers set (from last CHA release) this week, and those *are* steel rule dies to cut through anything.

Have you all looked at the loveliness for today? Some of it doesn't grab me at all, but I love the diamond plate embossing folder... and the movers & shapers number set.... and the globe, camera, fan, and alarm clock!!

Oh, and those of you who are FB friends with Mario may have already seen this BTS picture... I'm thinking of doing something similiar on a series of canvases for my craft room.
Attachments
384822_349108921784692_100000567607130_1391055_1037897157_n.jpg
384822_349108921784692_100000567607130_1391055_1037897157_n.jpg (84.38 KiB) Viewed 498 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I was just looking at the post for day 3, and I'm not seeing anything that I can't live without. Thank goodness. I have a couple sheets of metallic diamond embossed paper that I haven't used yet. It's one of those things that I've had for a couple of years and still don't really know what to do with it, so the folder really isn't appealing to me. Of course someone will use the dratted thing and I'll have to have it. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com