Re: Inspiration in 2012

Post by Monica »

Thanks, Julie! :happy94:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I'm late to the party...but I signed up as well.
I need all the creative help I can get. :lol:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Even if it isn't as good as we're all hoping, we have enough talent and ideas here to inspire anyone. One of the best things about this group (crazy family!) is that we feed off of each other's creative energy. I've always said that this is one of the most talented groups I've ever seen.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:Even if it isn't as good as we're all hoping, we have enough talent and ideas here to inspire anyone. One of the best things about this group (crazy family!) is that we feed off of each other's creative energy. I've always said that this is one of the most talented groups I've ever seen.

AMEN!!!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

True. I just wish I could feed off of Marianne's need to put everything away when you're finished.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Rotfl
I think a few of us could use that!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks, Pam, I think! I'm available any time to come give lessons on putting your stuff away after you use it... Oh, Jeez, I sound like my Mother....................
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

mpizzazz wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks, Pam, I think! I'm available any time to come give lessons on putting your stuff away after you use it... Oh, Jeez, I sound like my Mother....................
I was thinking you sound like MY mother!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Being able to stay organized and put away your toys when you're done playing is something I struggled with as a child.... and it hasn't really improved! (okay, that's not entirely true... when I start knocking things off the table I clean up!)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I cleaned my work space and put stuff away yesterday from my Tim's Tags frenzy and it took 5 hours, but I had to check emails, play a little Bejewelled, play a little Words With Friends, check the PAO board, pin some pins on Pinterest, and I even washed and dryer clothes! Well.....1 load, anyway! :lol:

The good news is I found a few things I was looking for and I am starting another project for my oldest Granddaughter.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Sounds very productive, Deb! It does take a long time to put stuff away which is another reason why I do it all the time. But, I think, you create great in a mess.....ah, I mean, space challenged supplies!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nancine

Post by nancine »

pamcook wrote:True. I just wish I could feed off of Marianne's need to put everything away when you're finished.
I absolutely need that!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

So, did everyone see the first video yet? I tried, but either my wireless was being slow, or the site was being hit hard, so it was hard to see what she was doing. Thankfully the audio was smooth.

I liked the overall concept, but I don't think it's something I'll ever do. Mostly, my crafting time is so limited, that by the time I got out the stuff to do the "warm up", and then did the exercise, and then cleaned up enough to do what I originally wanted to do, I'd be out of time, or tired, or just done. I get what she's trying to accomplish, but I'm not one of those people without any other commitment than just artistic playtime. I have to wonder sometimes if these are women who wake up, send their kids to school, and then just have 8 hours every day to just be an artist.

Maybe I'm just too tired. I need some inspirational videos for the full-time working mom who has kids in activities in the evening, and tries to keep up with exercise and housework. A video about how to be inspired when it's the end of the day, and I have about 30 minutes before I fall over asleep. LOL.

I think for lots of you, this video will resonate. There are lots of you who can do the "just play" thing. But it didn't do it for me.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I just watched. She's way more right-brained than I'll ever be but I think she's absolutely right. It's almost like switching off your left brain entirely and getting into the zone. Like letting go of the stress you bring to the table? I think I sit down with a crafter's brain but if I have enough time, the artistic part of me will become unleashed. :lol: I'm going to give it a try - just play for a few minutes before starting a project. The perfectionist in me keeps me from just enjoying the moment sometimes.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Since I just about love anything Dina does, I liked it. I did some playing with the sprays and paints but still want to do the cut up the scraps idea. I liked the idea of doing it in a little book and using those pages to wipe off your brushes and smear on leftover paint, etc. Love using the palette knife, too, instead of a brush.
I can see where this jump start might get a person who likes to run with scissors and paints moving but for a traditional scrapper who isn't interested, it wouldn't be useful.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I watched it and enjoyed it, but I had the card sketch challenge in mind when I did my background, so I already knew what I was going to do with my "warm up" piece. I wouldn't do "warm ups" every time I sit down to craft, unless I want to try a new technique and need to practice first.

I know I won't be able to keep up every day, but I'll pick and choose what interests me.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)