Day 4 tag is very different

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
rinda

Day 4 tag is very different

Post by rinda »

Not sure I love it, and I definitely will be improvising today! I do have a cute pix of myself as a kid w/Santa at least. Will try to copy it today.
Rinda
Luly

Re: Day 4 tag is very different

Post by Luly »

It is very different and I love it. I have a great picture of my mom and her 2 brothers standing in front of a white Christmas tree. Mom was 6 years old! I cant wait to try this one out.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Somewhere I have a picture of Jim on Santa's knee, and I think I have a picture of Adam with Santa. I'll have to find them and scan 'em.

I just had a thought. (Didja see the light bulb go off????) Wouldn't this be a fun way to make tags for everyone's gifts? It doesn't have to be a Santa picture.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:Somewhere I have a picture of Jim on Santa's knee, and I think I have a picture of Adam with Santa. I'll have to find them and scan 'em.

I just had a thought. (Didja see the light bulb go off????) Wouldn't this be a fun way to make tags for everyone's gifts? It doesn't have to be a Santa picture.

Pam

great idea!
would work especially great for the little ones who can't read but sure do know what they look like. and eliminate any confusion for family members with the same name.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

a few years ago, I used old photos
of all my giftees on the tags. The fun
part was when my grandsons, the official
gift delivery guys, had to figure out, who
it was in the photo. (Like their dad at 2 years old,
etc.) Nothing fancy, like Tim's tag, just a
Chritmas icon and the photo
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

It is different and this one I think I will have some trouble adapting. I am looking to you creative ladies for inspiration. I don't have the adhesive backed canvas, but I wondered if printing the photo on a textured cardstock would give the same effect. What do you think? I got #1 & 3 done last night, but I think I will do another #1 and see if I can do a better job. Hope to play with the alcohol inks this afternoon. Once I get that one done I will post all of them.

Did you notice that someone posted a link to templates for all tag sizes?
www.http://partner.coastaltag.com/defau ... tem=TMPL08

Have a GRRRREYT day!
Luly

Post by Luly »

Cool, thanks for posting that!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Judi in IL wrote:It is different and this one I think I will have some trouble adapting. I am looking to you creative ladies for inspiration. I don't have the adhesive backed canvas, but I wondered if printing the photo on a textured cardstock would give the same effect. What do you think? I got #1 & 3 done last night, but I think I will do another #1 and see if I can do a better job. Hope to play with the alcohol inks this afternoon. Once I get that one done I will post all of them.

Have a GRRRREYT day!

That should work--texture card stock that is.
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

For those of you who have met Ginny at retreats, this was a Polaroid taken in 1978. I may see if I can change it to B&W and use it.
Attachments
santa 78.jpg
santa 78.jpg (29.93 KiB) Viewed 380 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

How cute! That would be great on that tag.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Debbie J wrote:How cute! That would be great on that tag.
2nd that
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've been working with Musical Interlude a lot this week and it has a texture similar to canvas. I think any cardstock with a texture would be good - Bazzil, for instance.
I'm going to make a Christmas card for my mom using this idea.
Great idea to make gift tags, too!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Judi in IL wrote:It is different and this one I think I will have some trouble adapting. I am looking to you creative ladies for inspiration. I don't have the adhesive backed canvas, but I wondered if printing the photo on a textured cardstock would give the same effect. What do you think? I got #1 & 3 done last night, but I think I will do another #1 and see if I can do a better job. Hope to play with the alcohol inks this afternoon. Once I get that one done I will post all of them.

Have a GRRRREYT day!

Judi, the white linen-like paper from Cyprus would be beautiful...it's texture is very canvas like.

I do like the text covered numbers. Just don't know where I might find an old film strip or a negative that I would be willing to shred.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

There was some linen textured photo paper in one of the CS kits. I ended up ordering 60 sheets of it because it distresses so nicely. That might be an option.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
alisonandboys

Post by alisonandboys »

I am running to Michaels when I am done here at work. I am going to pick up a canvas or2. I will take the canvas off the frame and cut a piece approx tag size. I will then print my photo on plain paper first then tape my canvas to the printed area and print. I am going to then put my canvas through my xyron. Voila ! sticky back canvas.

I will let you all know if this worked. LOL

alison