Events Brochure Art Journal Page

mpizzazz

Events Brochure Art Journal Page

Post by mpizzazz »

Somewhere I picked up an events brochure and most of it was for July so we didn't need to save it. The artwork was interesting. I gesso-ed over the pages and cut things out of other advertising and a tv guide.
While we have a fast connection here, I've been looking at a lot of art journal pages in videos and galleries to try and decide what I really like. Black lines and a fairly co-ordinated color scheme are things I like so I am trying it.
Attachments
IMG_6281web.jpg
IMG_6281web.jpg (209.21 KiB) Viewed 692 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Re: Events Brochure Art Journal Page

Post by ChristyB »

the butterfly just about jumps off the page
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Marianne, I love this. The colors are beautiful.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love this! This is the type of page that my eye is drawn to. I love the doodling/scribbling and the colors are wonderful. I love the depth of the background - and that butterfly!

(Cheryl H and I were talking about this concept a few days ago - just taking the time to look at artwork that appeals to us and really identifying the parts that are so appealing.)
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Love the color combination.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:I love this! This is the type of page that my eye is drawn to. I love the doodling/scribbling and the colors are wonderful. I love the depth of the background - and that butterfly!

(Cheryl H and I were talking about this concept a few days ago - just taking the time to look at artwork that appeals to us and really identifying the parts that are so appealing.)
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Usually I know what I like but this art journaling thing has me stumped. I thought I would take the time to really look at what appeals to me and try to incorporate it into something I actually like doing. Of course, what I like are direct opposites-very minamalist pages and also those rich in textures and details.

The butterfly is one that I saw on a brochure at the train station. I'll look for a few more when we go to get our tickets Saturday.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

What everyone said and I love the way that butterfly pops. Way to recycle. I like to keep trying different things. The more I stretch myself outside that box, the more relaxed I become.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
nancine

Post by nancine »

the butterfly pops, but all the layers of color and black really shine too!
Paula

Post by Paula »

I think everyone said it all! I really love the colors, and the lines. Awesome :happywave:
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

Wonderful!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Wow, Marianne, that butterfly is a great find!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Gorgeous pages Marianne. I also love that butterfly. She is wonderful and just pops out. Great blue and black lines are really making the pages.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I too love these pages Marianne. I think it's the color blocking and your use of white that draws my eye into the pages. It's funny, because the details, scribbling, butterfly, suns, etc are what I see afterwards.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

very pretty
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is another page I did.
I started this last week in France with nothing particular in mind. The page had been gesso-ed lightly. I did the spirals first. I've wanted to try Zentangling for awhile and this seemed like a good place to do it in the background. I started at the center bottom with no real plan. I used the Pitt Pens and wet that area a bit to make it a bit shadowed. Gradually I decided it should get lighter as it went up to the left and top. It was very interesting to try and create light by spacing out the patterns. I also got more organized and created patterns to fit the spirals on the left page. When I got home, I added the Lumiere paint to the spirals as a contrast to the very dull background.

Yesterday I wanted to finish it and was working on it when the earthquake tremors occurred. I thought about dating it and mentioning the earthquake-a first for me! Then I saw Monica's new challenge and went with that idea.

I had previously written "I've never been a doodler" in one of the background spaces. I really enjoyed doing this, very relaxing and fun to try and create shading with patterns. I will definitely try this again.
IMG_6285web.jpg
IMG_6285web.jpg (168.58 KiB) Viewed 609 times
Detail Background
Detail Background
IMG_6286web.jpg (162.03 KiB) Viewed 609 times
Lumiere paint on Spirals
Lumiere paint on Spirals
IMG_6287web.jpg (145.13 KiB) Viewed 609 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels