Blue brown madonna

photocatseyes

Blue brown madonna

Post by photocatseyes »

:-o One of my photographs of Urbino. This madonna was on a church front behind glass and gave the photograph a somewhat eery feeling.
Attachments
BlueBrownMad.jpg
BlueBrownMad.jpg (112.02 KiB) Viewed 387 times
troublesmom

Re: Blue brown madonna

Post by troublesmom »

Very unusual! Love the colors
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Cat, I think the photo looks aged, rather than eerie. Maybe not IRL, though.
photocatseyes

Post by photocatseyes »

Thanks ladies... Nice to hear from you. ;o))
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oohh...lots of texture...I'd love to be able to see your journals in real life.
Did you use stencils? stamps? is this acrylic paint or stain?
I really like it!
Pam Cook #48
photocatseyes

Post by photocatseyes »

I used spray ink, acryl paint, cardboard, a piece of flowered ribbon 4 inch wide that is self adhesive, but stamped over it. I usually do a mix. Paint, stamp (either with a soft cushion or wet wipes), I use a lot of wet wipes. The words are with a small alphabet I have. Not a quick job as you have to stamp every letter separately, but then who counts time when fiddling? I also got some of the Dyan Dylusion's spray inks and some Rangers inks that have a glow on them. Still learning how to use them properly though. I just covered up a whole page with gesso when finished because I could not get it to "unstick". Tried everything, heat setting, spraying with pastel fixer, embossing powder. The whole thing kept being sticky. I then gessood over it after I took off the mold of my gesso. Had not used it in a couple of months, and was appalled to see that the whole thing had molded up... :anyone:

My journals in real life are more colorful then on screen, and usually have different textures that you can feel or see when the book is in front of you. I do make my own books with hot pressed watercolor paper 300 gr. Pretty heavy stuff that can take a a lot of wet abuse... ;o))
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I had heard of products getting moldy - so far I haven't had that happen to anything I have.
The more layers the better! When you come to a ReCreate, you'll need to bring the journals so we can appreciate them even more.

Donna mentioned that mod podge takes 36 hours to completely "dry" and then here in the south, it could take much longer. "sticky" is a hassle when you're working on something with a lot of layers. Maybe try leaving it out in the sunshine for several hours? I really don't know the answer...
Pam Cook #48
photocatseyes

Post by photocatseyes »

It will be hard for me to come to a recreate because I live in England, and as far as I know, nothing is happening here in that area. But hey, maybe I should start a group here!
Thanks for the information about the modgepodge, did not know it took so long for that one to dry. But then I never use modgepodge on top of things because it always stays somewhat sticky aswell. I do use it to glue down though.