Tim's Summer 2011 CHA releases

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
troublesmom

Re: Tim's Summer 2011 CHA releases

Post by troublesmom »

I just picked up a box of 24 today at Walmart for the grands to use when they come. Now all I need is to find the coloring books I bought for them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hmmmm.... not impressed with today's releases at all. The little birdcage might be useful for a specific project, but I have little labels if I need them, and why would I want a cardboard/paper suitcase I have to decorate myself when I could just hunt down a vintage one if I really wanted one??

Weird things coming out for summer CHA...
Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

I'm dissapointed with his summer release. He seems to be recycling the same images over and over again. The image may start as a stamp then its convert to a die or even a mask. I undertand the product is a cash cow but I would love to see something new . . . something different. I did like the 3 wise men set but otherwise I was not impressed. The vintage suitcases are cute but not when they are made of cardboard. Doesn't seem very durable to me. The good news is that I get to keep my $. LOL
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

He has several new items that I can't wait to get. I like that the images are available in different products - I might want a birdcage stamp but would never use the birdcage die - does that make sense? Most of his stuff I admire but would never use (like the little boxes that you decorate & fill and the creepy broken dolls). I'm usually amazed by his creations though.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm with you regarding the creepy broken dolls. I'm still confused as to why anyone would want those???! I treat his stuff like everything else... pick and choose what I want. And Yoli, you're right that he needs to find some new images! I like the option of having something as a die or a stamp or an embossing folder, depending on what I would need/use it for, but new images are also a plus.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Looked and wasn't real impressed with the new line. There were a couple of stamps I kinda liked but probably wouldn't buy.
I only have a few of the dies, and only buy if I think that I'd really use them and they are on sale. I still like the distress inks but have selected colors. I have some of the paper line and a few of the embellies. I still like his stuff but have become very selective in what I buy.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

New images would be wonderful, wouldn't they?
Pam Cook #48