triptych from CS kit

Monica

triptych from CS kit

Post by Monica »

I wanna say it was from Haberdashery, but I'm not positive. Anyone here ever do anything with it? Or have one they've designed that wasn't CS? I somehow ended up with 2 of the darn things, and they've been sitting and sitting while I've tried to figure out what to do with them. Last night I got one out, removed the majority of the center part so it is recessed and then slapped gesso over the entire thing. I'm looking for inspiration from you guys so I can figure out how to finish it. I've got a picture in mind for the large recessed area.... one of those random cool pictures that I just haven't figured out what else to do with and I didn't want to create a 12X12 LO with just the one picture. If it turns out well, I plan on sending it to my sister (picture is her with my niece and nephew at Multnomah Falls). Thoughts? Ideas? Pictures?? :anyone:

And I plan on putting the other one in the round robin box next go-round..... unless someone speaks up for it first!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Re: triptych from CS kit

Post by ChristyB »

ha
mine wound up being trashed. One of the few I have ever done that too, but oh my god I hated what I did with it.
Monica

Post by Monica »

That is so NOT what I wanted to hear!! I actually did try to start one a year or so ago, couldn't get an idea to really gel, and placed them up high on a shelf out of sight. *sigh* If it doesn't work out the way it looks in my head I may be forced to dump firestarter fluid on it and torch it in the firepit out back!

On the plus side, I now have the old typesetter's drawer from Mom all ready to alter, once I get DH to drill a couple holes for me this weekend. I've got all kinds of little goodies to put in that. I'll have to post pictures of the before and the progression as I fill it up. Still need to figure out exactly where to hang it though........

Monica
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

worked on mine at retreat and haven't touched it since
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

If you go to the CS gallery and enter
the search term "triptych" a few photos
show up, at the bottom of the page, of
the one I think you're talking about, you
might pick up an idea or two there
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hmmm... I'll go take a look! Thanks, Elizabeth!

Monica