Memory Box

Paula

Memory Box

Post by Paula »

Okay, this is my last post for awhile! I have been busy creating for the last couple of weeks. I had several projects going on at the same time, and I ALMOST have them all done! :happywave: This is just a small memory box with some of my Mother's objects inside. It is just a way to have her with me, if you know what I mean. I made four in total, one for each of the sibs!! All of the contents are different in each box. I still have to attach the program and her name, but these have been sitting around for about 9 months! It feels so good to get them done, almost! :lol: :lol:
Attachments
100_1058.JPG
100_1058.JPG (177.38 KiB) Viewed 528 times
100_1057.JPG
100_1057.JPG (137.54 KiB) Viewed 528 times
ChristyB

Re: Memory Box

Post by ChristyB »

sweet!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Very cool, Paula, and such a great way to preserve those items that mean so much to you and your sibs.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

so very nice :clap:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a great idea!

Where are you going?
Pam Cook #48
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

This is my favorite Paula, really wonderful. I need to make one of these for myself...from my parents things.
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Wow, beautiful! :D
nancine

Post by nancine »

Wonderful, and what a terrific idea.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have a large box in Chris' closet that I put things in periodically. He wanted to toss it out but I told him it was his memory box. I love your concept of it and may do that with some of my mother's things.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I also found a lock of her hair, dated 1944, that I need to add. It will be nice to have the important stuff in one place
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You are so very lucky to have those treasures. My mom tends to get rid of stuff she no longer wants so who knows what will be left when she is gone. Her memory is so bad now that I wonder if she just throws things without knowing what they are.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is a lovely keepsake, Paula, for you and your siblings. I've been thinking of adding small things to layouts in my Mom's album when I get around to finishing it. This is a great idea for larger items that are scattered here and there.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Such a sweet and lovely idea.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

That is such a great idea. I definitely need to do something like that. I know what came from Mom, from grandmother, from great-grandmother, but no one else will.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Beth - I'm thinking about taking photos of the family treasures and scrapping them. That way the kids will know a little of the history of each piece - if they take the time to look at the photos.

I found two 18" ponytails from my mother's haircuts. Lord knows how long she had saved them because there wasn't a single grey hair in either one. I donated them to Locks of Love - figured she would have liked knowing that a child undergoing treatment for cancer was helped because of her. I cried all the way home from the post office.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com