Graphic 45 banner

Yoli

Graphic 45 banner

Post by Yoli »

I absolutely LUV Graphic 45 papers. However, I've shied away from using their papers in a LO because their print designs tend to be very busy. While I love the print on its own, I wasn't sure how to incorporate the paper in a LO without it overwhelming the page. I did not want the photos to get lost in the print.

So this weekend, while visiting my LSS, I saw this wonderful banner which gave me a whole new perspective on these wonderful prints. The banner was a collection of hand cut images that came from various papers in the Transatlantique Collection. The images were then pieced together to create this delightful art piece.

So of course I purchased the papers and made my own little banner. It was easy and so much fun. It reminded me of the days when my mom and I would design clothes for my paper dolls and then cut the dresses from fashion magazines.

To finish the project I added some pearls to her necklace, a little bling to her shoes & hat, and a feather to her cap. To create a perception of depth, which is a little hard to see in these pics, I used lots and lots of pop-dots. Luv it!

Lesson here: not to limit my creativity but allow the print to inspire me. I'm looking forward to infusing some of these images in my next LO.

Supplies:
From the Transatlantique Collection:

Background paper with train -- All Aboard!
Vintage automobile -- Transatlantique
Suitcase -- Pack Your Bags
From the Fashionista Collection:

Female image -- Fashionista
Attachments
Graphic 45 (7)a.JPG
Graphic 45 (7)a.JPG (27.45 KiB) Viewed 701 times
close up face.jpg
close up face.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 701 times
Debbie J

Re: Graphic 45 banner

Post by Debbie J »

Looks great, Yoli! I love Graphic 45 too.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Beautiful!!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Yoli, this is beautiful. I, too, have admired Graphic 45, but haven't bought any because I just wasn't sure I would use it. Now I just may have to add it to my collection.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I love it!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

very very cool
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I was the same way - loved it but had no idea how to use it. Went to a class - now I'm hooked.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I love that! especially since I am working on heritage layouts this year. That would be terrific as a layout embellishment or on a travel journal.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

mpizzazz wrote:I love that! especially since I am working on heritage layouts this year. That would be terrific as a layout embellishment or on a travel journal.
Ohhhhhhhhh . . . travel journal cover . . . very nice idea. Thanks Marianne and thank you ladies for your kind comments.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

that's stunning Yoli, I have been a fan of graphic 45 for a couple of years now....
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Beautiful, Yoli! I, too, like a lot of the Graphic 45 prints. Some of them are hard to use (for me) but you did a great job!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Yoli, that is wonderful!! I can sort of see the dimension in the photo, so I know it must be great IRL. I love the little touches you added, like the feather. Thanks for sharing!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great project
It would make a great album or book cover
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nancine

Post by nancine »

You did such a great job, all the little extras you added on. What a great piece.
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Very beautiful, Yoli. I remember making my own paper dolls and clothes out of magazine pictures too. It was so much fun and a great way to foster creativity. I hadn't thought of that in a long time. Also made my own doll clothes out of scrap fabric.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage