Something I need to learn

pamcook

Something I need to learn

Post by pamcook »

I just found this on a blog - I need to print it and post it somewhere. I'd love to get rid of my perfectionism...
IMG_5107.jpg
IMG_5107.jpg (32.5 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Re: Something I need to learn

Post by clamscrapper »

I love this Pam. I have been trying to do exactly that in the last few weeks. I've been working on art journal pages with sheer abandon. It has been so much fun and so freeing. Some I just love the result, some are so so, but none are awful. They each have spoken to me in some way. It has been an exercise in letting go and not worrying about the result. When I get a chance, I'll post some of them to my blog. Right now, I am in the mood to just do.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

When you master that Pam, please let me know how you did it. :D I'm not a perfectionist, but I'm not easily able to just freely create either. I have to have some sort of instructions to follow, or a pattern to mimic or something. My ultimate goal is to just be able to create without any direction or boundaries, but I think it will take me YEARS before I can truly accomplish that. It's just too different from how I'm supposed to think in the rest of my day-to-day existence. Ultimately, I'm an engineer trying to be an artist - and there just isn't a lot of common ground there.

But I adore that sentiment. I should hang something like that in my craft room also.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

I'm at my most comfortable when I create digital art. That's where I can relax and just do what I like. I don't worry about 'wasting' pixels, or having the correct shade of paint, glitter, or whatever. I can just do my thing. The more Photoshop skills I have, the more fun the process becomes.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

My mom is always afraid of "wasting" something. She's motivated by money - I'm (sadly) not. I just want the results to be "perfect". If I see a piece that I just love, I can usually reproduce it to the degree that I'm happy with it - but to just sit down and start creating? Nope, ain't gonna happen - at least not yet - I'm determined to get there. I think that's why I'm not afraid to take Donna's classes - I've seen her work and I've seen stuff that other people have created and they've been beautiful. (it's just paper, it's just paper, it's just paper...)
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

That's why I love Christy's work so much - she sits down and creates and it's gorgeous.

I find that I'm able to work freely with things that I don't especially "love" and don't really care if I screw it up. Yes, it's just paper. I need to remember that.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

please make me a copy too :lol:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I need a copy of that.

It's what I believe and how I approach what I do.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm another who needs a copy, no cancel that I need to get brave enough to try something without worrying that it won't look good.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Me too
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Like Julie, I'm an engineer first. I'm way better than I used to be, though. PSL taught me to get it done, not get it perfect. That's a great reminder.