2011 FEBRUARY THEMED SWAP--Closed and Sent

azemigh

2011 FEBRUARY THEMED SWAP--Closed and Sent

Post by azemigh »

DUE: In my hands on February 28, 2011 (pm or look in address thread for my address)

THEME: The Fabric of Our Lives--please use a piece or pieces of fabric somewhere on the front of your card. This is a good time to use those muslin strips we swapped a few months back, or you can piece a quilt block, or create a scene, or make a fabric flower or.........the possibilities are endless.

FORMAT: This is a 4 for 4 swap. You create 4 cards; you will get 4 cards back. Please only include envelopes if your cards are not standard size.

INCLUDE: Postage for the return and an address label or self addressed stamped envelope. I will try to reuse envelopes if I can.

INSPIRATION: If you need a kick start you can use the images posted here for some inspiration. The quilt block is a variegated star from a quilt I'm working on; the 2 fabric paintings are from http://www.paintingswithfabric.com/index.php; check it out if you'd like to be wowed by the use of fabric.
Attachments
Variegated Star Quilt.jpg
Variegated Star Quilt.jpg (55.56 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
train.jpg
train.jpg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
grand_indeed.jpg
grand_indeed.jpg (29.74 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Paula

Re: 2011 FEBRUARY THEMED SWAP--DUE FEBRUARY 28

Post by Paula »

Those are great examples!! I need to shop for some talent!!!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

:bump:
djenns

Post by djenns »

Those fabric paintings are awesome........and Paula - let me know when you find where I can pick up some "talent" ;)

Diana
oh, I really do have an idea for these cards - something I did 6 yrs ago in Texas ;)
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Where the "h e double tooth picks" did February go? Anybody playing this month? I haven't even started, but I'll get my rear in gear this week end. If anybody wants the week end I'll bump the due date out till March 3 so you can mail on Monday.
Paula

Re: 2011 FEBRUARY THEMED SWAP--DUE March 3

Post by Paula »

Mine are done-- I will get them to you next Wednesday if that is okay?
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Thanks, Rachelle, for the change. I was going to skip it, but now I can play.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Paula wrote:Mine are done-- I will get them to you next Wednesday if that is okay?
Yep, I figured I could get yours and Diana's at the next PAO at Paula's day and we could all use the extra time.

Yeah, Beth! :cool5: looking forward to seeing them.
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Rachelle,
I'm sorry I did not get to this. I'll admit that I am not good with fabric and just could not come up with something creative. But I swear I will do my best to participate next month.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

:anyone: playing? They should probably hit the mail by tomorrow if you're playing this month.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I have some if we play this month. Or not! They will fit next month too!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Rachelle, I just didn't finish until tonight. No excuses except PSL and taxes and vacation. Just didn't get on it fast enough.

I can be postal tomorrow (2nd) if you can wait.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I can wait Beth. It's just you, me and Paula this month so you'll only be getting 2 new ones. If you want you can save them and send with the March ones if you're playing this month. Can save a little postage that way.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

They're postal, all 4 of them. I was in too big a hurry this morning and didn't read the whole message. Do send me back the funky one. You'll recognize it. ;)
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

They arrived, Beth! :cool5: I can't figure out which one is the funky one, unless it's the one where the bird is in a different position.