Need help stripping mint tins

New tricks to amaze your friends
Kellacious

Need help stripping mint tins

Post by Kellacious »

Is there anyone on this list who has successfully removed the advertising and such that adorns the exterior of the metal mint tins? I have *several* that I want to use for a challenge here, but I want to prep them before I can make this a go. Can't have other people's 'art' interfering with ours, right?

Thanks in advance,

Kelli
pamcook

Re: Need help stripping mint tins

Post by pamcook »

unless you want the shiny metal background, I'd just shoot them with primer - it comes in a few different colors
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I am sitting here distressing paper and repeating "I will not kill Maya, I will not kill Maya"
so after a quick glance at the thread see "need help stripping" and as with all add don't read the rest think "WHOA Kelly is in the wrong forum", or maybe she's just spicing things up? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

when i did the tin shrines, i just primed mine....watch your hands...it doesn't come off easily!
Kellacious

Post by Kellacious »

ChristyB wrote:I am sitting here distressing paper and repeating "I will not kill Maya, I will not kill Maya"
so after a quick glance at the thread see "need help stripping" and as with all add don't read the rest think "WHOA Kelly is in the wrong forum", or maybe she's just spicing things up? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never (LOL) in the wrong forum and ALWAYS looking to spice things up. That's me!

Just you wait until I get all these babies primed and ready to go . . .

Kelli